• Help Support TNDeer:

Very nice weekend with my son (Pic Heavy)

TN Larry

My son and I had an awesome weekend on the water this weekend. He wasn't doing anything in school on Friday so I took a vacation day to be with him. I had planned on doing this during his spring break but had to have foot surgery.

We turkey hunted on Fri morning and after two close calls couldn't close the deal. We headed to the lake and caught quite a few bass with a couple of really good smallmouth.

He decided to sleep in yesterday morning so I went solo and punched tag #3 for the year. We headed to the lake around 10:30, and it ended up being one of those special days on the water. We absolutely hammered the big shellcracker and had several over a lb. We turned a bunch loose, and I ended up bringing more home than I had planned. My filet knife wasn't happy nor my arm. :) He caught a nice smallmouth as well.

To top it off, he killed his first turkey before church this morning. It is a weekend that ranks up there for me and one that we won't soon forget. God blessed us with some great time together. I quit tournament fishing this year to spend more time with him and glad I did.

I would venture to say that there's no better time in the world spent than a father and son doing what they love...Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back