• Help Support TNDeer:

Vortex Sonara 4-12x44 $99

It's the same as the copperhead version. We've got a few on various firearms, rimfire, muzzleloaders and center fires. I'm happy with them for the value and piece of mind with Vortex's warranty.

I looked up reviews. the scope is made in China, not where other Vortex's are made, BUT it still has the lifetime warranty. The review I watched he put it on a .450 or .460 bushmaster for the purpose of trying to knock it off. He said it was grouping well, but for $150 he would stick with the Nikon Buckmaster. He said, the glass was not as good as the Nikon at the same price point. He also said he didn't like the mount either, but that was more of a preference thing. Gave it between 2.5-3 stars out of 5.

Here is my take. If you take that review to heart, at $150 he may be spot on. BUT at $99 that changes things. I would say for $100 it is not a bad deal on a 4x12, but just realize you are buying the lowest level Vortex.

I looked up reviews. the scope is made in China, not where other Vortex's are made, BUT it still has the lifetime warranty. The review I watched he put it on a .450 or .460 bushmaster for the purpose of trying to knock it off. He said it was grouping well, but for $150 he would stick with the Nikon Buckmaster. He said, the glass was not as good as the Nikon at the same price point. He also said he didn't like the mount either, but that was more of a preference thing. Gave it between 2.5-3 stars out of 5.

Here is my take. If you take that review to heart, at $150 he may be spot on. BUT at $99 that changes things. I would say for $100 it is not a bad deal on a 4x12, but just realize you are buying the lowest level Vortex.
Well, since the Nikon is not made anymore, that also changes things...

I mounted mine on the 556 today. When I tried to sight it in it was first hitting low, and to the right. I adjusted it up and to the left. The left adjustment moved over properly, but the elevation remained low, no matter how many clicks I turned it.

I shot 15 rounds, and couldn't get it any higher, it still shot in the dirt or at the very bottom edge of the target. This was from 40 yards, so I don't know about this scope yet.

Anyone else sighted their's in yet?

I mounted mine on the 556 today. When I tried to sight it in it was first hitting low, and to the right. I adjusted it up and to the left. The left adjustment moved over properly, but the elevation remained low, no matter how many clicks I turned it.

I shot 15 rounds, and couldn't get it any higher, it still shot in the dirt or at the very bottom edge of the target. This was from 40 yards, so I don't know about this scope yet.

Anyone else sighted their's in yet?

I haven't had any trouble so far out of the ones I currently have.

From what I've been hearing Vortex is having a TON of problems lately. I'd recommend staying away from the ones they're making now. The older ones were probably better, lately they are putting out crap.

Latest posts

Back