• Help Support TNDeer:

Watch out for Asian Carp nets

WTM

seems like the commercial fishermen are hard at it on the north section of KY lake and probably gonna be a matter of time before the mid section starts seeing them. but with something new there are always problems to be worked out. they are stringing these nets a good ways and they are only a foot below the water and there seems to be no standard for marking bouys. i have seen some pics of one net being bouyied with gallon clorox jugs like you would see catfishermen jugging.

be careful and try not to tear up these guys nets or your boat or tm motor as they need all the help they can get. pleasure boaters are another story as some dont seem to care about nothing but themselves.

My son should have dropped these off lol
74a6f6f1315a42144d6d17e8d565b577.jpg

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

RUGER":13ot05qe said:
My son should have dropped these off lol
74a6f6f1315a42144d6d17e8d565b577.jpg

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

nice. interestingly though, the processors arent allowed to use bow killed fish for consumption but i beleieve there is a market for them for fertilizer and pet food.

7mm08":10whn9x9 said:
What exactly are these things used for? Surely not human commercial consumption.... other than Capt. D's probably!

A lot of it is going for human consumption. I've eaten it, and it isn't bad. It is a fairly highly prized fish in some of the oriental cultures.

7mm08":2dpgj3xf said:
What exactly are these things used for? Surely not human commercial consumption.... other than Capt. D's probably!

the export it to 11 countries, mainly european countries for now. the chinese like fresh fish, but i believe that are beginning to export more to china and the far east. interestingly, europe is where our common carp came from. in the late 1800's our rivers were in a mess and most all gamefish had been harvested for commercial sale. since the forest along the rivers had been clear cut, common carp was the only fish that could survive and thrive in the polluted water.

Latest posts

Back