• Help Support TNDeer:

Watch those hook sets

It's a needlefish.

And you post it because yes bad things happen. What if you're 30 miles off coast and that happens.
A. Rule number one DO NOT REMOVE the impaled object. Secure it, and transport it

Crazy stuff happens!
Who carries a tourniquet with them in their boats??

Yikes! That needlefish must have been moving very fast. I don't know how this is possible without human influence.

I kept a first aid kit on my boat in FL and had to use it several times. Many broken fingers, a broken nose, way too many hooks in people to count. Worst was a bite from a kingfish to the forearm of a fishing buddy.

7mm08":30rtayi7 said:
It's a needlefish.

And you post it because yes bad things happen. What if you're 30 miles off coast and that happens.
A. Rule number one DO NOT REMOVE the impaled object. Secure it, and transport it

Crazy stuff happens!
Who carries a tourniquet with them in their boats??

No tourniquet but I'm sure I could fashion one pretty quick if need be. I'm usually wearing a belt. I do however keep a vacuum sealed bag with suture material, needles, syringes and local anesthetic with and without epi, scalpel, needle holder, hemostats and some gauze. Once a year I replace the anesthetic with fresh juice. Luckily I have only had to break the kit out once when I stuck a small treble hook in my left index finger.

7mm08":25vdq57e said:
Rule number one DO NOT REMOVE the impaled object.
Secure it, and transport it
I understand the advise,
but wonder how they "secured" this live fish before it stopped flopping?
Almost hard to see how it didn't just flop out before they could get a good grip on it?

I'm pretty sure it was crazy for a few minutes.

My thought was a knife stab between the eyes of the fish..... usually kills them immediately as it is the perfect lobotomy.

Crazy stuff happens out there. That site is awesome but don't check it out if you have a weak stomach

Latest posts

Back