• Help Support TNDeer:

Water pump ?

I watched several YouTube videos and it looked fairly easy to do. I ordered a water pump repair kit with all the needed parts just in case the impeller isn't the only thing wrong with it. Should save a little on labor costs.

Pulled off the lower unit with no problem. Took the water pump housing off with ease. Then the problem started. I found out why my water pump wasn't working. The entire water pump housing seal had broken loose and seized to the shaft. The plastic housing was split and leaking . Anyway, had to order a new plastic housing and new seal. Should be easy to fix now. Lol

Kirk":36lorh0n said:
Pulled off the lower unit with no problem. Took the water pump housing off with ease. Then the problem started. I found out why my water pump wasn't working. The entire water pump housing seal had broken loose and seized to the shaft. The plastic housing was split and leaking . Anyway, had to order a new plastic housing and new seal. Should be easy to fix now. Lol
Usually they are not that big if a deal. Looks like you got it figured out though. Money saved doing it yourself.

Back