• Help Support TNDeer:

Watts Bar Dam

Re: Watts Bar *****

Snowwolfe":1vlkxd9f said:
How does the cat fishing compare below Watts Bar ***** with below the ***** on Chickamauga Lake?

Not sure what word you wrote that got censored???? I assume you wrote (or meant to write) Dam? :D

The catfishing below Watts Bar is comparable to Chickamauga. The same is true of virtually any East Tennessee (River) tailwater. Different tailwaters might sometimes require different techniques due to variables in structure, water depth, current flow, etc... but all have potentially excellent catfishing.

And just one tidbit of info about the semantics, if you are downstream from Watts Bar Dam, you are actually on Chickamauga Lake. Below Chickamauga Dam, you're on Nickajack Lakes. The water bodies are named from upstream of each respective dam, up to the next dam. So if you are in the tailwaters below Ft. Loudon Dam, you are actually on Watts Bar Lake, etc.

Thanks Richard,
Have to launch my new boat in a few weeks and Watts Bar is about an hour less drive for me.
Thanks for the educational tips about the lakes as well:)

Richard knows his dam business. If you need to know something about dam fishing, Richard knows a dam thing or two. When it comes to catfishing, Richard is Dam brilliant. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Kirk":2wlyuaae said:
Richard knows his dam business. If you need to know something about dam fishing, Richard knows a dam thing or two. When it comes to catfishing, Richard is Dam brilliant. Sorry I couldn't resist.

I occasionally I hit the concrete and say, "Dam!" :rotf:

LOL ya'll ain't right.

rsimms,
When Dylan was about 7 years old we were in church one morning and he stopped the preacher as he was walking down the aisle and said hey preacher, I got a joke for ya.

My wife reached over and grabbed my knee and squeezed it, knowing there was no telling what he was fixing to say.

He proceeded to tell him there were two fish swimming up a river and smashed into a concrete wall. The first fish turned to the second fish and said, "Dam". :shock: :shock:
:D

Latest posts

Back