• Help Support TNDeer:

Well... that sucks

TNReb

I've been itching to try a Megabass rod. I sold some others I don't use and finally took the plunge. Just got it delivered today.

Went out this evening. After about 45 minutes I got snagged. Try to un-snag it. Snapped the rod. Never broken a rod in my life until now!!

Lost that lure.

A little bit later I snagged a jig and lost it too.

A little later I snagged another jig. Lost it.

A little later I landed a fish. Flipped him in the boat and grabbed the line to lift the fish. Jig popped loose, flew up and caught me right on the cheek bone beneath the eye. A 1/2 ounce jig Head doesn't feel good!

What a night!!

7b3fa7112fcbe8c634e3bdd9009e7615.jpg

RUGER":zd3bknw1 said:
Wow man, that sucks.
Will they replace it?
The guy I bought it from is an authorized dealer and he said they would take care of me. I'm going to call them as soon as they open this morning. Their warranty policy states that they will honor a one-time, no questions asked, replacement within the first year.

TNReb":21jiay6z said:
RUGER":21jiay6z said:
Wow man, that sucks.
Will they replace it?
The guy I bought it from is an authorized dealer and he said they would take care of me. I'm going to call them as soon as they open this morning. Their warranty policy states that they will honor a one-time, no questions asked, replacement within the first year.

Well that's good!

I have fallen in love with the Pheonix feather rods this year. the 7'7" heavy is my go to

Dang man that sucks.

Megabass Destroyer is a great rod. I have 2 of them and haven't had any trouble. My favorite
rods are still the NRX but have been using a couple Shimano Expride's this year and all I can say
is it's the best mid priced rod I have ever picked up.

chunkandwind":1z15dym5 said:
Dang man that sucks.

Megabass Destroyer is a great rod. I have 2 of them and haven't had any trouble. My favorite
rods are still the NRX but have been using a couple Shimano Expride's this year and all I can say
is it's the best mid priced rod I have ever picked up.

I have a NRX 852c, and like it a lot. I also picked up the Megabass Destroyer FMJ (got it two weeks ago). I don't think it's as sensitive as the GLX 893 that I just sold, but I like the fit of the Destroyer rods better. They just feel right in my hands. The GLX and NRX just feel a little "chunky" to me. I absolutely love the sensitivity of them though.

a brand new rod can be broken fairly easily. high sticking, using a rod to "pop" a lure free, placing a hand on the middle of
the rod to flip and swing a fish in the boat and a "whoaaa sonnnn" hookset with braid and sometimes flouro. slow and moderate action blanks are not as bad, but a mis-handled graphite fast action will almost always break at the first 2 ft of the tip.

WTM":k5528t4t said:
TNReb":k5528t4t said:
I heard back from Megabass. They are replacing it for free. Great customer service.

for absolutely free? no service charge, processing fee, or return shipping fee?

Absolutely free. They told me it's a "no questions asked" policy. They said since the rod is already broke, I can cut it in half to make it easier to ship. Once they receive it, they'll put a new one in the mail and have it back to me next week. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Latest posts

Back