• Help Support TNDeer:

Went Squirrel Hunting Yesterday

Lt.Dan

Don't get your hopes up of seeing a bunch of dead squirrel pics. I was actually checking my tree stands. Made it to the first one. Saw a squirrel but didn't get a shot (used .22lr lost sight of him). The roof of my tree stand had partially fallen in and had a giant wasp nest. My can of wasp spray was empty so I won't be using that stand right away. I never made it to the other 2 stands. I guess my heart surgery did not fix the problem and was too tuckered out to do the second mile of walking. I honestly don't think I will be out bow hunting this year and may skip gun season.

Hate to hear that Dan. I'm about in the same boat...don't know if I'll be hunting this year or not. From the way it's looking...I'm not even sure about next year. One day at a time...I guess.
Hopefully you will get to hunt...I would gladly come help if I could.

Hate to hear that Dan. I'm about in the same boat...don't know if I'll be hunting this year or not. From the way it's looking...I'm not even sure about next year. One day at a time...I guess.
Hopefully you will get to hunt...I would gladly come help if I could.
Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. I'm going to do smallgame hunting up north. I still have venison in the freezer. I'm just gonna have to find some flatter public land. I had a nice piece I liked but some developers bought the land around it and cleared for more subdivisions. Small game is still easy to get there, but it's a small tract of land, so I don't want to deplete to badly. I think the deer hunting has been ruined there. But the 1 and two mile hike in places I've been hunting the last 6 years are becoming to much to handle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. I'm going to do smallgame hunting up north. I still have venison in the freezer. I'm just gonna have to find some flatter public land. I had a nice piece I liked but some developers bought the land around it and cleared for more subdivisions. Small game is still easy to get there, but it's a small tract of land, so I don't want to deplete to badly. I think the deer hunting has been ruined there. But the 1 and two mile hike in places I've been hunting the last 6 years are becoming to much to handle.
Maybe if we can work it out, we can hunt some public I hunt. It's pretty thick and hilly, but lots of game there. Nowhere near that long of a walk in...if you go by boat. It's how I do it now... 😂

I'm near Cherokee dam, but the property is up on the other end of the lake. Maybe we can work it out. @EastTNHunter , @jlanecr500 , @Chiflyguy , and a few others have hunted it with me ..it's a pretty good place to hunt.
I've seen a few of your posts. Let me do some research on travel time and we can set something up, when you are ready.

Latest posts

Back