• Help Support TNDeer:

We're in uncharted territory in college sports

Man if we are not.
Didnt Saban retire because players had their hands out. Smaller schools don't have a prayer.

we are watching the beginning of the end of college sports.

when NIL compensation started, they have created a secondary nfl without parity safeguards and vastly less talent

The one advantage that college sports had always clung too, too overcome the obvious skill level shortcomings, was playing for legacy and the love of the game. NIL killed that. Now its run to the highest bidder, without a salary cap to keep parity in play.
On the the surface NIL certainly looked good. I would have to go back and look at some of what my early remarks were but I was probably excited to see it coming.

Fast forward and with hind site and with not controls in place it's been a cluster muck. It's like they threw this into the wind with no though, no planning and no rules or regulations prior to implementation. Just throw it to the wall and let's see what's sticks.

Players are now jumping to team to team, year to year. There is no team loyalty. There will be no team legacy in time. You will see no stud QB in years to come completing 4 years at a single college. Or a heisman caliber running back completing completing 4 years at a single college. Be lucky to spend to seasons.

Latest posts

Back