• Help Support TNDeer:

What 4 weight fly line for big river?

TresMon

I'm getting back into fly fishing tail waters. I'm down to one rod...An Orvis "Frequent flyer" 5 (6?) piece 4 weight. (ALL my fly fishing for the last decade + was DEEP back country backpacking & fishing.)

So it's what I have.

What line for a big river? (The Cinch.)

Thanks guys!

Can't beat Rio gold for that action of rod for the money. Do NOT buy the Grand. That will "overload" the action of that particular Orvis Rod. There are others that will work also...

I'm an orvis rod guy, always have been always will be. My sticks (Orvis Trident 9' 4wt, 9' H2 5wt and a 9 foot 6 wt trident), all have rio golds on them, as far as lines leeders and tippet. I'm a rio guy

RIO as well. I always " overline " my rods. I use either Loomis or Sage 4-12wts. Some do, some don't.

NICE thing about 4 wt Rod it will give you enough flex to protect that 6x tippet when that water is as they say " gin clear".

7mm08":2bj5kpbs said:
RIO as well. I always " overline " my rods. I use either Loomis or Sage 4-12wts. Some do, some don't.

NICE thing about 4 wt Rod it will give you enough flex to protect that 6x tippet when that water is as they say " gin clear".

Agreed!

Latest posts

Back