• Help Support TNDeer:

What to do w/ all my SPURS?

bigasports

Question
I have cut off about a inch on either side of all my birds spurs. I have my fans mounted with their beards. I would like to add the spurs to this in some form or fashion. How can I do this? What is a good way to get all the meat off of the spur and just have the spur itself?
I have seen neclaces with spurs but not sure I want to do that. Any ideas?

I have my beards in shells I cut short where you can see the brass. How did the spurs fit into what you saw?

I have mine on a big piece of rope, it is about 10 feet long, and all I do is saw as close to the base as possible on each side, take a pipe cleaner to the marrow, and slide them on the rope. IT works well, although mine is being cumbersome now, as it is so dam long :)

I have thrown 90% of them away, but I have a couple of gallon ziploc bags full of some of the longer ones from yaers ago. I havent kept but maybe 2 or 3 sets in the last 10 years! I have actually even thrown a great deal of my beards away, just never saw much need or use for them at the time but I now wish I had kept them, like I have most my deer racks, if nothing else just to show my kids. They love getting the big boxes of skull caps out of the building and going through them and asking about each one. It brings back some good memories for me as well!! I did keep the beard off the Hen I killed the other day however!! :)

I have never kept any of the spurs, beards or feathers. Don't really have a use for them. I just like putting the breasts on the grill.

Latest posts

Back