• Help Support TNDeer:

What was so different about this morning?

Big J

I was in by 5am in the blind. Once they hit the ground it was over! I could not even shock gobble them!!
Just horrible!!

Anyhew a bad morning of hunting is better than a good day of work!! lol

Some theorize that the changes in barometric pressure associated with cold fronts affects them. All I know is that I hate it.

Yesterday morning, I heard a bachelor group gobbler over 50 times between 6:43 and 8:45 Heard another pair gobbling yesterday evening. This morning...maybe heard 6 gobbles on the roost about a 1/2 mile away... after that nothing until around 145 my buddy had two gobbling for a breif time.

Sure makes it alot more fun when the birds are vocal to where you can at least know where to start!

Happy hunting, be safe!

Heard 5 birds on the roost yest AM, never heard a bird gobble after hitting the ground, but I was only out there till 8AM.

Sure was nicer than Sat AM when I was swarmed with mosquitoes and couldn't move because I had 2 jakes half-strutting at 5 yards

I think that there is always a quiet streak every year around the second or third week of the season. That's just where we are now. The gobbling will pick back up eventually. Could be a week or two though.

According to reports from dad its getting the best where we hunt now, maybe due to higher elevations, I dont know. I just know that he has only been hunting 3 mornings and killed 2 longbeards. Said the one Sunday morning gobbled its head off all the way to the gun.

Latest posts

Back