• Help Support TNDeer:

When for Fort Loudon White bass?

Atchman2

Last year my wife, son and I had a blast catching white bass on Fort Loudon! Sometimes they even chased bait up against the boat! When do we expect the action to start this year?

Last night I saw a couple of schools of baitfish being victimized by something. Is it that time yet?

White bass are there right now. Have caught several from the jetty in the past few weeks while fishing for Rockfish. Caught a 7lb walleye there Friday night. Ate a 7in swimbait.

Re: So my stupid fishing question of the week.

Nice! So is that below the dam or up in the lake?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Above the dam. I didn't look to see what was going on below but there was a lot of people there too. Several on the bank above were catching them also but not as often. They were breaking right beyond where they could cast from shore.

Saw A LOT of boats near Louisville yesterday fishing in the channel. There was so much bait on my depth finder it looked like clouds.

This is usually an awesome time to get on schooling white bass. George's creek can be good early morning or late evening and cloudy days they seem to come up chasing about all day. See a lot of schools out front of Louisville point as well. Just put the boat in and let the fish tell you where they are. Mornings or evenings you shouldn't have to wait too long before a school will come up breaking.

I went tonight. Nothing. Put I at Topside Little River. Went out to the main lake, nothing near Peninsula. Didn't see any anywhere!

I'm going back tonight. I will put in at Carl Cowan and try my luck. They were there all day on Saturday. Went by at lunch didn't see any, but it was pretty windy.

According to the other guys there it was the slowest day this week. Well that is my luck. :)

I started trolling since I didn't see anything. My ultralight got a hit on a blue and silver spoon. It fought pretty well on the light line. It was a blue catfish. I took a picture and let him go.

Well it was SO hot. I trolled around awhile more not catching anything. As SOON as I cranked up the motor they started breaking. It was so much fun catching them on my ultralight. They would run and take line..just so much fun.

These were the first fish I had ever caught on a spoon. Got to say it worked well for the white bass.

Attachments

• 20180828_195028.jpeg
    20180828_195028.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 1,916
  • 20180828_181525.jpeg
    20180828_181525.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 1,920

Latest posts

Back