• Help Support TNDeer:

white bass in the fall?

Crosshairy

I was hoping to make time for the drive out to the TN River to chase white bass this year. I normally go in the spring or summer, but it just hasn't worked out.

If I end up going in slightly cooler weather before hunting season starts, do you guys have any tips on finding them? I've always gone to creek mouths in the spring, or below Pickwick Dam around the rocks/dam wall when it gets a bit warmer.

I don't have any electronics on my jon boat, so if that's required for success then I'll probably just hang it up for the year. Thanks for the tips.

Over the years I've had good luck fishing in Oct, mostly for white bass. My favorite way to fish is to troll crank baits (mostly Rapalas) in a bay. I've never fished in the river channel.

I'm not familiar with the area you mentioned so I can't give any specific tips. If you are familiar with the waters you can troll without a depth finder; however, a depth finder makes things much easier and helps you to avoid shallow water and also to identify underwater terrain features. I'm not talking about expensive fish finders that practically give you a television picture. Just a simple, portable, battery powered unit will do.

Good luck. Maybe someone will chime in with some better help.

You can get a refurbished Garmin for around $100. It has a flasher and dual beam. If you go up in price you can get to the "Clear Vu" version.

Latest posts

Back