• Help Support TNDeer:

Winter/Spring Fishing Trips

I don't fish much in Winter. All the fishing is slower and with it being cold anyway, it's just not enjoyable to be wet especially for me being a kayak angler. I did it a few times last year only to go to the steam plant and fish for big rockfish. After the recent news of the pollutants being released there I have no interest. I was eating them last year but am worried about eating them and I just don't care to deal with the elements in Winter to catch fish I intend to release. I'll stick to hunting small game to finish off the Winter season.

As for Spring, I'm highly considering a trip back to the South Carolina marshes to get my kayak pulled around by redfish. My wife and I took a vacation there in October and I got some good hours on the water. Took until the last day to really figure things out but now that I know what to do and where to be, I'm ready for another trip. This time alone or with a fishing partner so it's a fishing trip instead of a vacation with some fishing mixed in. If I'm awake I either want to be fishing, drinking coffee, or cleaning fish. Other than that, I'll be sleeping to rest up for the next day.

Winter is my main fishing time. I don't fish after mid April or in the summer.

Going fishing in Port St. Joe Florida this weekend and again in April, I'm sure there'll be a few catfish trips below the Nickajack dam in between there somewhere.

d1e58dddfdab608702a02df758ad0694.jpg

06cc8a4f62c9ca4bec251ef2f551eb13.jpg

Winter might be my favorite time of year to fish. Both of these fish were caught in January on Priest. Not nearly as many folks on the water either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably late April early May going to Dale hollow for carp, smallmouth and walleye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably won't do much fishing in the "winter" that we're having. :D I might be tempted to go somewhere local if it warms up for a few days.

As for the spring, I want to go to a few state parks in Arkansas and fish from a rental kayak. I don't have a kayak, and as far as I know, no state parks around the Memphis area rent kayaks. There's a few parks in Arkansas that does. Might make a quick weekend trip to the Spring River in Arkansas at some point. And I'd love to go to Marco Island to do some saltwater fishing with my uncle in April.

Love to fish this time of year. I catch most of my bigger fish from now through late spring. While it's usually not a numbers game it is a big fish game. I go to Dale Hollow every spring for spawning smallmouth(wow). It's a lot of fun. Im going to be fishing a tournament on OH in February so that's where I'll be spending my days til then. GL to all out there and remember to be extra careful this time of year

woodyard":n2prptdv said:
RUGER":n2prptdv said:
I plan on going back to Arkansas trout fishing..... soon as my guide invites me. ;)
If he was worth a durn he would have already been over there.

LOL he has probably been pretty busy re-building from our last trip ! :D

Latest posts

Back