• Help Support TNDeer:

Winter supply of

Big Ben

Wax worms on order....500 on the way. Anyone who has not tried farm pond cold water fishing is missing out. Ice fishing jigs and tiny floats with a wax worm for bait will work over the bluegill and crappie in most ponds. Not to mention you never know what else may bite. Caught a quite large 14 lb farm pond channel cat on new years day few years back on that setup. Had my hands full with a 9 foot crappie rod and ultra lite reel with it.
I get the jigs online from Jamming Jigs and find the size 6 teardrop style work best.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER":1v56ds88 said:
Where did you order from
DBD pets. this batch seems to be a bit smaller worms than the last orders. They still work the same tho. Caught and clean my personal cleaning limit of 30 bluegill today out of a favorite farm pond. May hit it again tomorrow with the temps supposed to hit 60 here. I order my crickets from the same place and get free shipping, that's a big plus. And they get from the east coast to Ky in just a couple days USPS. Best deal on crickets is 1000 at a time for around $30. I get the adult size on them. Have not found any dead ones in any shipment so far, have heard of some other sellers sending out several dead one in the shipment.

http://www.dbdpet.com/live-wax-worms-free-shipping/

I got this one the other day while fishing wax worms for BG... 1/32nd oz. jig tipped with single wax worm.

Attachments

• smallmouth.jpg
    smallmouth.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 772
rsimms":d8otjz61 said:
I got this one the other day while fishing wax worms for BG... 1/32nd oz. jig tipped with single wax worm.
You just never know. I bet that one gave you a handful when hooked. I know the big channel cat sure worked over that 9 foot crappie rod. Hooked it right in the corner of it's mouth in the bone. Took a while to work the tiny hook out even once landed.

Latest posts

Back