• Help Support TNDeer:

Wonderin....

I've had good luck with Oats for years, late and early season,
but the acorn crop usually effects every food plot food source.
I use Buck Forage Oats since they have came out

Because some varieties of oats do not stand cold weather well (and also require a bit better soils to be productive), I would recommend mixing oats and winter wheat 50/50. Throw in a little crimson clover and you've got a very attractive hunting plot.

BSK said:
Because some varieties of oats do not stand cold weather well (and also require a bit better soils to be productive), I would recommend mixing oats and winter wheat 50/50. Throw in a little crimson clover and you've got a very attractive hunting plot.
sounds right to me

BSK said:

Plant When?

gatodoc said:
BSK said:

Plant When?

I plant my fall plots once soil moisture is adequate in late summer (once you can take a handful of dirt, squeeze it, and it sticks together). Sometimes this can be as early as mid-August and sometimes we don't start getting fall rains until late October. I never plant by a date. You will waste a lot of seed that way. Always wait until soil moisture is adequate after mid-August.

BSK said:
gatodoc said:
BSK said:

Plant When?

I plant my fall plots once soil moisture is adequate in late summer (once you can take a handful of dirt, squeeze it, and it sticks together). Sometimes this can be as early as mid-August and sometimes we don't start getting fall rains until late October. I never plant by a date. You will waste a lot of seed that way. Always wait until soil moisture is adequate after mid-August.
I agree

Latest posts

Back