• Help Support TNDeer:

Yuchi results 4-20 -4-22.........NOTHING!

rutdog

I am kinda frustrated right now with turkey hunting,I hunted hard at yuchi this week with not even a shot.It rained pretty steady on the 20th so i set up on some fields thinking it would be productive,nothing but hens.I did hear two gobbles in the pouring down rain but they were across the river,i spotted and stalked alot of turkeys but whenever i get within 50-60 yrds they were hens,i hunted for two days and never seen a gobbler,i dont have a clue where they were.i tried the woods and fields and swamps and anything else that was out there and nothing,i did count over 60 deer on day one of hunting,seems every area that i went into deer were present,anyway should be a good deer season there this fall.I want to thank stik and springstrutandfallrut for their help on the areas they sent me to,oh well gotta keep trying,thx again rut

Yeah im goin to keep after em,i just gotta let the blisters on the back of my heels heal up first,thx for all the support,rut

Setterman said:
I would apply for some of the other WMA's which have a decent turkey population. JMHO

we saw over 200 turkeys on the october bowhunt on yuchi. i would say yuchi has much more than just a decent turkey population.

i'm sorry it didn't work out for you. i just knew you would be toting one out of there.

The turkeys were there i just couldnt get on the bearded ones,i prolly stalked 20 birds or more just couldnt find the one i was looking for,thx again for everyones support and good luck the rest of the year to everyone,rut

Latest posts

Back