• Help Support TNDeer:

10 ga?

I sold my 10 gauge a few years ago. Wish I didn't. But never ever shot it. Only reason to shoot is because you want. With today's loads a 10 isn't needed. I know 2 guys that still hunt with them occasionally.

I had a rem SP-10 back when resident goose seasons were new and I lived in NC. In todays times, it's completely unnecessary but I still regret selling that gun and if I ever find another one for sale that's remotely reasonably priced, I'd probably buy it.

Have a BPS 10 that was my go to in the 90's and early 00's for both turkey and waterfowl. Now she is relegated to Safe Queen duty. Modern loads have turned the 10 gauge into a dinosaur. Only reason to hunt them is for pure nostalgia. .

Only reason I haven't pulled my 10g out of the safe in 8 years is because of TSS. I used to duck and turkey hunt with mine all the time. Haven't duck hunted in 15 years, now TSS has replaced the effectiveness of.the 10g for turkeys.in sub gauge guns.

If I were to duck hunt tomorrow, I'd pull the 10g out of the safe and use it with steel over any 12g made.

Plus,.there has always been the 'respect ' factor when you are the only guy in the blind with a 10g. 😀

Agree…back in the day there was definitely a respect factor that came with the 10 gauge in a blind or pit. Was also nice to have when the Canada's used to actually migrate this far south consistently. Was tough to adjust from shooting waterfowl with lead to steel but the 10 gauge definitely helped to mitigate the gap.

I've seen my son hit ducks that I wouldn't have tried. He call it "AT&T Reach out and touch somebody". For you young farts,that used to be a popular commercial

Back