2024-25 fishing regulations

mike243

It does vary a lot, I caught a crappie that was shorter than my minnow several years back on Melton Hill lake, to this day I have never caught a smaller 1 but a lot of 5-8"

WTM

blacks are thicker than whites usually. most of these lakes are black crappie that were stocked then got out of hand.

normandy, woods, and tims ford are heavily stocked by the hatchery. if they didnt there provably wouldbt be many. if you catch a black nose then it came from a hatchery.

redblood

blacks are thicker than whites usually. most of these lakes are black crappie that were stocked then got out of hand.

normandy, woods, and tims ford are heavily stocked by the hatchery. if they didnt there provably wouldbt be many. if you catch a black nose then it came from a hatchery.
every single crappie i have caught at those lakes have been black nosed. maybe they just get a little bigger.

WTM

every single crappie i have caught at those lakes have been black nosed. maybe they just get a little bigger.
they are hybrids. even if a black nose is crossed with a white crappie theyll still retain the black nose gene but they can grow quicker and sometimes larger. theyll still spawn, if they are not sterile, but hybrids frye is quite smaller so predation pretty much wipes them out.

rsimms

In all the Bill Dance signature lakes they have removed the length and creel limits.
Supposedly on some of the TWRA fishing lakes.
Lets not get confused here. No changes proposed for ALL Bill Dance Signature lakes. Many of those lakes, such as Chickamauga, are major reservoirs and there will be no changes regarding crappie. Proposed changes I'm aware of were only for some of the smaller lakes (although I don't know which ones are Bill Dance lakes).

This is from the news release of the fishing reg changes that make mention of crappie passed in Sept. 2023:

The sportfish regulations include changes to TWRA fishing lakes in West Tennessee. The daily creel limit and the length limit will be removed for crappie at Lake Graham, Glenn Springs, Carroll, and Garrett lakes to improve size structure and harvest success. At Carroll and Garrett lakes, both will have no daily creel limit on largemouth bass, but only one can be over 18 inches. This is to promote harvest of smaller bass to improve size structure.

For the Cumberland Plateau Region, changes for small lakes and ponds were made for Bridgestone/Firestone WMA, Indian Boundary Lake in Monroe County, and Madisonville's Lake Kefauver. These are regarding the size and creel limits for largemouth bass, bluegill and redear sunfish, catfish, and crappie. A youth only designation at the Bridgestone Firestone ponds was removed. This will allow for more fishing opportunities for a broader group of license holders.

Generally new Fishing Guides are published/distributed sometime in February.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Lets not get confused here. No changes proposed for ALL Bill Dance Signature lakes. Many of those lakes, such as Chickamauga, are major reservoirs and there will be no changes regarding crappie. Proposed changes I'm aware of were only for some of the smaller lakes (although I don't know which ones are Bill Dance lakes).

This is from the news release of the fishing reg changes that make mention of crappie passed in Sept. 2023:

The sportfish regulations include changes to TWRA fishing lakes in West Tennessee. The daily creel limit and the length limit will be removed for crappie at Lake Graham, Glenn Springs, Carroll, and Garrett lakes to improve size structure and harvest success. At Carroll and Garrett lakes, both will have no daily creel limit on largemouth bass, but only one can be over 18 inches. This is to promote harvest of smaller bass to improve size structure.

For the Cumberland Plateau Region, changes for small lakes and ponds were made for Bridgestone/Firestone WMA, Indian Boundary Lake in Monroe County, and Madisonville's Lake Kefauver. These are regarding the size and creel limits for largemouth bass, bluegill and redear sunfish, catfish, and crappie. A youth only designation at the Bridgestone Firestone ponds was removed. This will allow for more fishing opportunities for a broader group of license holders.

Generally new Fishing Guides are published/distributed sometime in February.
Thanks for the clarification!
I knew better but didn't catch myself.

mike243

yes I couldn't believe it, never seen 1 that small much less caught 1, this was before I had a phone with a camera, missed a lot of stuff that would've been neat to have a snapshot of,

Latest posts