• Help Support TNDeer:

2024 Kill Thread

Yes sir great gun. That's the Nikon BDC scope made for that gun. Cross hairs then little circles for like 50 yd increments depending on your load. Designed for three 50 gr pellets.
I have an Omega with Nikon 3-9-50. Love it.

20241020_180729.webp

Look at that old skool bow getting it done!!! You shoot fingers?
No not in a long time, hard for me to quit using this bow at 352fps 65lb draw 400 gold tip 3 blade 100gr muzzy. Had this bow since new in 1996 or 97. The only thing I don't like is my sight sticks way out from the limbs.

I've not had an arrow yet that wasn't a clean pass through.

on to a pig now...... hopefully
I won't pick up a gun for hunting this year, I'll have this bow everyday out there

On the board! 31 yards With a freezer queen.

I have been trying to invent a bunch of shots this bow season with my compound (they all failed). None have been a routine 20 yard broadside chip shot like i needed to keep my confidence.

I was 0-5 and was really having some wildly bad luck. I even managed to shoot a piece of a barbed wire fence! first for everything I guess. It sent out sparks and broke my arrow on sunday evening. I had to laugh at the last one, but that really felt like bad karma on me.

Anyway, I told my little girl I was having bad luck after picking her up monday afternoon. she exclaimed, that's an easy fix!!! She explained that eating a fortune cookie and keeping the little paper in my pocket would fix everything. I said that's a great idea! I got the kids home, rummaged around and found a leftover fortune cookie. Ate it and kept the paper in my pocket. (Kindness is the antidote to negativity) It was fitting.

I went out monday evening and got the monkey off my back. She was excited hearing that she called it right! Feels good to have a little win. Happy hunting to all and stick with it, perseverance will pay off.
IMG_2831.webp

On the board! 31 yards With a freezer queen.

I have been trying to invent a bunch of shots this bow season with my compound (they all failed). None have been a routine 20 yard broadside chip shot like i needed to keep my confidence.

I was 0-5 and was really having some wildly bad luck. I even managed to shoot a piece of a barbed wire fence! first for everything I guess. It sent out sparks and broke my arrow on sunday evening. I had to laugh at the last one, but that really felt like bad karma on me.

Anyway, I told my little girl I was having bad luck after picking her up monday afternoon. she exclaimed, that's an easy fix!!! She explained that eating a fortune cookie and keeping the little paper in my pocket would fix everything. I said that's a great idea! I got the kids home, rummaged around and found a leftover fortune cookie. Ate it and kept the paper in my pocket. (Kindness is the antidote to negativity) It was fitting.

I went out monday evening and got the monkey off my back. She was excited hearing that she called it right! Feels good to have a little win. Happy hunting to all and stick with it, perseverance will pay off.
View attachment 248633
Congrats on some fine eating brother.

No not in a long time, hard for me to quit using this bow at 352fps 65lb draw 400 gold tip 3 blade 100gr muzzy. Had this bow since new in 1996 or 97. The only thing I don't like is my sight sticks way out from the limbs.

I've not had an arrow yet that wasn't a clean pass through.

on to a pig now...... hopefully
I won't pick up a gun for hunting this year, I'll have this bow everyday out there
Do you mean 252 fps? 352 fps is extremely fast, I'm not sure I know anyone that shoots a bow that fast once everything is on it.

Do you mean 252 fps? 352 fps is extremely fast, I'm not sure I know anyone that shoots a bow that fast once everything is on it.
I know exactly, I've been shooting a bow competitively and for hunting since I was 9. If you don't know anyone with a bow that fast I'm not sure what to tell you other than they all need some better bow techs. Go to smokey mountain archery he'll set you up.

you ever heard of a chronograph? Why would I hunt with this bow for almost 30 years if it shot that slow (slow to me meaning cheaply replaced). It would cost me minimum 1k to replace at this speed.

When wanting a bow that fast you need a good bowtech. Everything matters, as you said "with everything on it".

I just looked at some the other day and $799 was the lowest starting price at 350-360 fps. I did not look into Matthew's, they are fast. I think my old man's Matthew's was around 360s before he had new limbs put on it for old age and surgery. You can keep off shelf fps with a good bowtech and reasonable choices.

30 years every hit has been a pass through, single shoulder hit, both shoulder hit, right behind both shoulders. A325fps won't do that every time never mind 252fps. We can talk more if you want, be happy to pm me or start a thread.

I know exactly, I've been shooting a bow competitively and for hunting since I was 9. If you don't know anyone with a bow that fast I'm not sure what to tell you other than they all need some better bow techs. Go to smokey mountain archery he'll set you up.

you ever heard of a chronograph? Why would I hunt with this bow for almost 30 years if it shot that slow (slow to me meaning cheaply replaced). It would cost me minimum 1k to replace at this speed.

When wanting a bow that fast you need a good bowtech. Everything matters, as you said "with everything on it".

I just looked at some the other day and $799 was the lowest starting price at 350-360 fps. I did not look into Matthew's, they are fast. I think my old man's Matthew's was around 360s before he had new limbs put on it for old age and surgery. You can keep off shelf fps with a good bowtech and reasonable choices.

30 years every hit has been a pass through, single shoulder hit, both shoulder hit, right behind both shoulders. A325fps won't do that every time never mind 252fps. We can talk more if you want, be happy to pm me or start a thread.
Wasn't trying to offend you bud. Just thought that seemed crazy fast for a loaded bow. I know Jim and Mike at smoky mtn very well and I'm sure they would say the same about those speeds. Good on you for sticking with a good fast bow like that. Speed kills. My dad hunts with an old McPherson from the 80s still to this day. It probably don't shoot 220 fps. I'd put him and his bow up against most hunters. It's more the trigger puller and his mechanics than the bow. Have a great season man.

Last thing on kill thread about this, yes it really does 352fps but is seriously flawed for hunting being it came out in '96. 15%let off just to start

Nothing taken or said badly, you as well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back