• Help Support TNDeer:

3 months until a duodecennial….

Trophy pics
20241011_192911.webp

20241011_200340.webp

You left out the part where Rob is also a conspiracy theorist. He also hated nonresident hunters.
Oh yeah, since this is not the political forum I suppose we should disclose that.

In Robs words "I've done my research on the internet, and CWD and Covid were created in the same lab".

So, there ya have it boys n girls. A hunt of a lifetime that was 12 years in the making. We had no idear that we would meet Rob and his "mom", no idear that we would uncover Covid and CWD were created in the same lab.

And.:..

Most importantly

We had no idear @tellico4x4 was hiding the secret to the worlds best breakfast cookie.

IMG_6499.webp

More thoughts to come…

Congrats again to you both on an awesome experience. Can't wait until it's my turn. Hopefully BB and Tellico are available to keep me entertained. 😂
You saying I'm boring! 😛

I'm going to have to go on a diet to prepare for the next time Tellico shows up at camp!

Oh yeah, since this is not the political forum I suppose we should disclose that.

In Robs words "I've done my research on the internet, and CWD and Covid were created in the same lab".

So, there ya have it boys n girls. A hunt of a lifetime that was 12 years in the making. We had no idear that we would meet Rob and his "mom", no idear that we would uncover Covid and CWD were created in the same lab.

And.:..

Most importantly

We had no idear @tellico4x4 was hiding the secret to the worlds best breakfast cookie.

View attachment 246669

More thoughts to come…
Monster cookies and coffee. Breakfast of champions!

You saying I'm boring! 😛

I'm going to have to go on a diet to prepare for the next time Tellico shows up at camp!
Correct!! One night I'm having trouble properly naming. It's either BBB(beer,bourbon,boil) or The Night of the Escaped Mtn Cur. Regardless, it resulted in a sprint to the nearest pine tree to paint the ground.

I can't thank the guys enough for letting this old man tag along. One of the coolest things was that all 4 of us met on TnDeer on these forums over the years. It was only upon arrival in WY that we all got to put faces with names & handles.

My role was supposed to be guide & camp dawg. I've been blessed in that I've been able to hunt quite a bit out west, with majority being diy. This trip made my 28th venture to the mtns in pursuit of elk, antelope, deer, bear & lions. The first one was in 1980 in a $300 drop camp, at Craig CO for mule deer and I believe the across counter license was $90. Didn't have a clue how to hunt them except for what I had read in magazines and failed miserably. However, I was introduced to a wall tent, wood stove & heard my first elk bugle!. Those things hooked me for life.

Neat aside that BB made me remember how we use to book hunts out west. Outfitters would run a very small advt in back of Field & Stream or Outdoor Life in which you wrote them a letter, and included a self addressed envelope with stamp affixed. They would mail you their info/brochure in the enclosed envelope. My first 3 hunts were all drop camps and booked this way.

On my second hunt I killed a 26" wide 4x4 muley and a 1x2 elk! The new Jack O'Conner had arrived I thought 🤣. Some of you youngsters will have to Google that name...Back in those days mule deer were abundant & dumb. You could spook them and when they ran to the top of a hill, they'd stop & look back at you, exactly what mine did! Elk were managed for quantity and 75% of CO bulls killed annually were spikes, so I had a real trophy with that 1x2!

Over the years I made some great friends out west which opened lots of doors for me. Also my job with GE Nuclear Energy allowed me to bank OT and roll it into time off in lieu of $. It was the heyday of nuclear plants being built with lots of 80+hr weeks, so building up a month of Comp Time on top of vacation was easy to do. One of the guys I became friends with was an Outfitter in ID that I had booked a late season mule deer hunt with. We hit it off right off the bat, and for several years I'd spend a month in his camp during archery season at no charge. When needed, I would guide elk hunters for him free as well. When he didn't have hunters, I'd hunt & do camp chores. Worked out well for both of us!

I need to quit reminiscing and get back to this hunt...

AT & BB didn't need any guiding as both have a lot of experience, so at times I was more of a hindrance than an asset. Going in, I was under no illusion that my 70 yr old body & fake knees could keep up with these young bucks.

Need to finish putting up all my junk from trip and see if I can find BB's rifle , so I'll continue on later

Latest posts

Back