• Help Support TNDeer:

8 and half foot Tiger Shark off the beach

wobblegobble

My Family travel to Gulf shores last week and a guy caught this 81/2 foot Tiger Shark off the beach. What's crazy is Tigers supposed to be in the deep open ocean and this was caught 300 yards off the beach. The guy would kayak his bait out to 300 yards and drop it. While he was trying to land the Tiger ( 1 hour n half) his other reel went off and nearly lost in the ocean but he saved it and an hour or so later caught a 7 foot Bull shark! Crazy huh

Thats why when you get into the ocean you effectively lower yourself one notch on the food chain.

Poser":3apadhsx said:
I caught a tiger shark about this size with my left leg on a sand bar less than 300 yards from shore, so it can't be that uncommon. [emoji15]
SURE YOU DID LOL! Let's see the pictures!!! Tiger Sharks are deep open ocean creatures uncommon the locals say but heck I don't know...it's was still cool

Poser":2ulowmqw said:
wobblegobble":2ulowmqw said:
Poser":2ulowmqw said:
I caught a tiger shark about this size with my left leg on a sand bar less than 300 yards from shore, so it can't be that uncommon. [emoji15]
SURE YOU DID LOL! Let's see the pictures!!! Tiger Sharks are deep open ocean creatures uncommon the locals say but heck I don't know...it's was still cool

7d1fa75e18705c9ac9ddab5c8ad12f7e.jpg

My description of the mouth and nose suggested that it was a tiger shark. The Beach patrol confirmed it was a tiger shark by the nature of the teeth marks. I had extremely painful bone bruising for about 3 months. I had no idea a bone could be bruised that bad without breaking.

HOLY CRAP! I thought you were just joking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7d1fa75e18705c9ac9ddab5c8ad12f7e.jpg

My description of the mouth and nose suggested that it was a tiger shark. The Beach patrol confirmed it was a tiger shark by the nature of the teeth marks. I had extremely painful bone bruising for about 3 months. I had no idea a bone could be bruised that bad without breaking.[/quote]

HOLY CRAP! I thought you were just joking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]
Wow! I bet you were super Scared! When did it happen?

It isn't prohibited to fish from the beach. I do it with a couple friends every year. Heading to NC in 2 weeks and have my 9/0 senator and avet 50w spooled up with 200# braid and 130 lb mono. Got my 20/0 mustads sharpened up. Just need to pack my cooler and I'm ready to play!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467834444459.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467834444459.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,280
  • FB_IMG_1467834427436.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467834427436.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,283
  • FB_IMG_1467834228159.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467834228159.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 3,282
Pretty sure I've heard that it's illegal to shark fish from the beach or piers in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores, something about having to be 300 yards offshore for the safety of swimmers.

It's been a hot topic in NC. Certain towns have tried banning shark fishing from the beach but only DMF can enforce such laws. On certain beaches that are mainly fishing beaches, we will fish during the day. But when we go to Oak island in 2 weeks, we mostly do our shark fishing from about 5pm into the night. There's less people in the water to get tangled in the lines, less people walking the beach to get mad and blame you for the random shark sighting and try to cut your line. And people get excited, some good and some bad when you beach a 10-12 fter. Less hassle and bigger sharks tend to come closer to shore to feed at night

cool pics. tiger, bull and white sharks are the most responsible for attacks. i remember something about some kids were attacked by a bull shark in a freshwater canal in florida some years back. seems like they can hunt in both fresh and salt water.

Latest posts

Back