• Help Support TNDeer:

A couple nice fish

Pilchard

Back in the summer I found a good trout bite. I was trying to catch skipjacks for rockfish but ended up having a blast catching these guys. I think over 2 trips I caught a 3 rainbows, a dozen or so browns and one brook trout. Largest brown was probably 20in and biggest rainbow measured 23in.

IMG_7886.webp

IMG_7838.webp

IMG_7834.webp

Do you put a barrel swivel between your line and the spoon?

I used to fishing for reds with a gold spoon (cause that's what conventional wisdom says they eat more than anything). Couldn't stand the line twist the spoon imparted. Can't stand having a swivel between my line and lure either. So quit using them

Do you put a barrel swivel between your line and the spoon?

I used to fishing for reds with a gold spoon (cause that's what conventional wisdom says they eat more than anything). Couldn't stand the line twist the spoon imparted. Can't stand having a swivel between my line and lure either. So quit using them
I don't. But I also don't reel the spoon. I drift it letting it flutter in the current and then I let it plane up to the surface before reeling it in.

I haven't had an issue with line twists like I did when throwing a spoon like you'd use in the marsh.

I am also fishing 50 ft above the waterline so I assume many of the twists come out naturally as I reel it up to recast.

That TN? I love me some trout; we have a place here on post that stock trout but haven't been in years, but most were kind of small, but ate good.

And some big striper as well.
That TN? I love me some trout; we have a place here on post that stock trout but haven't been in years, but most were kind of small, but ate good.
Center Hill dam. Lots of people like to eat them, but I always throw them back. The hatchery trout taste like Purina dog food to me.

Latest posts

Back