• Help Support TNDeer:

Youth Hunters

.243 Deer

Good luck to all the youth hunters (and accompanying adults) this weekend !
It looks like it'll be a cool but not freezing weekend with hopefully, lots of buck and doe activity.

I'm a really big fan of Youth Season and seeing the smiles on a kid's face when he or she gets a good deer. This year, I'm taking my friend's kid out for his last youth hunt and hopefully he'll be able to tag a good buck or a good doe. He managed to get 3 good does last year on youth season and had an absolute blast !

Good luck to all this weekend !!

It was always such a thrill to sit in the stand, watching the world wake up, with my daughter at my side. Watching her kill deer was a real experience. She swears she didn't get that excited, but I beg to differ! I could hear her ragged breathing and feel the entire stand shaking as she would line up for a shot!

It was always such a thrill to sit in the stand, watching the world wake up, with my daughter at my side. Watching her kill deer was a real experience. She swears she didn't get that excited, but I beg to differ! I could hear her ragged breathing and feel the entire stand shaking as she would line up for a shot!
That is hands down the best part ! They get so excited and it makes us adults feel like a kid again just seeing them so pumped up about it. I don't have any kids but it is always an enjoyable experience to take a kid (any kid) out hunting and it creates memories for a lifetime.

That is hands down the best part ! They get so excited and it makes us adults feel like a kid again just seeing them so pumped up about it. I don't have any kids but it is always an enjoyable experience to take a kid (any kid) out hunting and it creates memories for a lifetime.
Couldn't agree more!

Below is my daughter's first deer. You would have thought she'd just killed the World Record buck instead of a little acorn spike. But it was (and still is) a trophy to the both of us.

Attachments

• 2013Ruby1a.webp
    2013Ruby1a.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
Couldn't agree more!

Below is my daughter's first deer. You would have thought she'd just killed the World Record buck instead of a little acorn spike. But it was (and still is) a trophy to the both of us.
That smile says it all !
That spike looks about like my first buck. The first deer is always the most special.

Good luck boys and girls!!!!... stinks that the last weekend of Oct is one of the worst weekends for mature buck movement in daylight. But the young bucks are already chasing in daylight on my cams, and the 2.5yos are working scrapes in daylight like crazy.

My boy got his first a few weeks ago at Yuchi, he missed a nice buck and ended up with a little doe. We struck out last weekend at CNF and he's really wanting to make up for it this weekend.

This will be the first statewide juvenile season that my son won't be participating in since 2013 as he is now 17. However, my daughter and I will be out and about trying to get her one. I wished that it would be a little colder but will just deal with what we get. It does look like it may be a tad cooler Saturday and Sunday than on Friday.

Good luck and be safe to all the youth hunters!

Back