• Help Support TNDeer:

Question about bachelor groups and fall range

Oh it won't take much to see gains, especially considering your situation. Being surrounded by a huge public forest gives you an opportunity to be the oasis. "Location location location" doesn't only apply to residential & commercial real estate. It very much applies to hunting real estate. And it sounds like you've got an incredible location. With some deliberate & thoughtful habitat work your place may not be large enough to encompass a deer's range but it'll quickly become the nucleus of it.
There's a negative to that... improve your property too much on the border of natl forest, and I'm gonna call your turkeys back onto public and kill them. At least that's the only way I'm able to kill public land turkeys...

There's a negative to that... improve your property too much on the border of natl forest, and I'm gonna call your turkeys back onto public and kill them. At least that's the only way I'm able to kill public land turkeys...
24032110545101005537.webp
24031910420201005230.webp

Any of these worth shooting?

Gotcha. I'm up in the mountains and what I've seen is separation since shedding velvet with one guy returning shortly after. I guess time will tell how much I see of them going forward. It would be nice if they stayed, as of today, my little 50 acres is being frequented by 3 bucks, two 10s and a big 7, and about 5 does, which would make a nice ratio for the rut. :)
Nice but this will require verification and you know as an attorney how important that is. Please send GPS COORDINATES. I can't make it til November as I'm booked up…..

Bust 'em!

Nice but this will require verification and you know as an attorney how important that is. Please send GPS COORDINATES. I can't make it til November as I'm booked up…..

Bust 'em!
That's perfect, should be a good time for some delayed harvest trout, as well.

7mm08,

Please come get rid of these feathered seed-eating rats that invade my place every fall!

Attachments

• Turkey.webp
    Turkey.webp
    274.6 KB · Views: 1
As soon as I looked at this pic, a ZZ Top riff started playing in my head.
Honestly, I really do hate those things. I don't hunt them (although a couple of TNdeer members do), and all they do is eat my food plot seed and make too much noise when I'm trying to deer hunt.

Honestly, I really do hate those things. I don't hunt them (although a couple of TNdeer members do), and all they do is eat my food plot seed and make too much noise when I'm trying to deer hunt.
Bruce killed his first 2 turkeys ever on Phils place. If my population finally dwindles out, I'll help remove the feathered rats with beards!

I never learned how to hunt them but would like to. Probably need to work on that this spring.

We lose and gain. Over the last 5ish years I don't put a ton of stock on summer pictures especially depending on crop rotation. We had soy beans and we have 2 natural springs that never ever have been dry, so our summer pictures and deer density was high very high. We still have a high inflated number as of now but they are starting to disperse. That's on one place. On our other main farm we haven't lost a single buck that I know of yet from the summer. I assume it's coming but just hasn't happen yet.

I haven't had a picture or seen a bachelor group from the first part of the last cold front. That's weird and early for us. Even the younger bucks have broken from their groups.

Latest posts

Back