• Help Support TNDeer:

Youth Hunters

.243 Deer

Good luck to all the youth hunters (and accompanying adults) this weekend !
It looks like it'll be a cool but not freezing weekend with hopefully, lots of buck and doe activity.

I'm a really big fan of Youth Season and seeing the smiles on a kid's face when he or she gets a good deer. This year, I'm taking my friend's kid out for his last youth hunt and hopefully he'll be able to tag a good buck or a good doe. He managed to get 3 good does last year on youth season and had an absolute blast !

Good luck to all this weekend !!

It was always such a thrill to sit in the stand, watching the world wake up, with my daughter at my side. Watching her kill deer was a real experience. She swears she didn't get that excited, but I beg to differ! I could hear her ragged breathing and feel the entire stand shaking as she would line up for a shot!

It was always such a thrill to sit in the stand, watching the world wake up, with my daughter at my side. Watching her kill deer was a real experience. She swears she didn't get that excited, but I beg to differ! I could hear her ragged breathing and feel the entire stand shaking as she would line up for a shot!
That is hands down the best part ! They get so excited and it makes us adults feel like a kid again just seeing them so pumped up about it. I don't have any kids but it is always an enjoyable experience to take a kid (any kid) out hunting and it creates memories for a lifetime.

That is hands down the best part ! They get so excited and it makes us adults feel like a kid again just seeing them so pumped up about it. I don't have any kids but it is always an enjoyable experience to take a kid (any kid) out hunting and it creates memories for a lifetime.
Couldn't agree more!

Below is my daughter's first deer. You would have thought she'd just killed the World Record buck instead of a little acorn spike. But it was (and still is) a trophy to the both of us.

Attachments

• 2013Ruby1a.webp
    2013Ruby1a.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
Couldn't agree more!

Below is my daughter's first deer. You would have thought she'd just killed the World Record buck instead of a little acorn spike. But it was (and still is) a trophy to the both of us.
That smile says it all !
That spike looks about like my first buck. The first deer is always the most special.

Latest posts

Back