• Help Support TNDeer:

Afternoon Rockfish

Dbllunger

An old friend called yesterday and was passing through town and asked if I could get out of work a little early to take him fishing. Well, you can't turn down a friend of 37 years so I made minor schedule adjustments and got out of work about an hour early. Ran home and hooked up the boat and met him at the ramp. He has been rock fishing with me before but has only caught a couple of small (10-15lb) range fish. The water was perfect and we started seeing fish immediately. They were following and slapping at our lures but not hooking up. I told him just be patient that as the sun faded they would be more willing. Sure enough, it happened. We both managed to hookup with 3 fish each and we both were able to land 2 each. His two were 22 and 20 pounds and mine were smaller at 18 and 16. I have done this enough and have caught enough 30lb+ fish to really enjoy watching him get the two biggest fish he has ever caught in his life. There is absolutely no telling how many fish we saw yesterday. It was one of those days where the conditions were perfect and the fish were willing.

That is on my bucket list to catch. I have only targeted them one time and only had one follow the bait in. Just seeing that fish swimming behind my bait was more than enough to get my heart rate up. Congrats. Sounds like yall had a blast.

Awesome! Water was too high when I went last weekend. Looks like y'all hit it at a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most fun you can have fishing in TN IMO.... Congrats to you and your buddy but mostly your buddy you do it all the time! Lol

catman529":2r4bcgjp said:
Awesome! Water was too high when I went last weekend. Looks like y'all hit it at a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watching the pros will help keep us after em. Lol

Nice fishes!!

Latest posts

Back