• Help Support TNDeer:

Thoughts on the Moultrie Mobile Edge Cellular Cam?

Anyone use them? All the reviews look pretty good and the monthly data plan is only about 10 bucks. Cheaper if you opt to go yearly.
They are unreliable. If you have lousy signal where your camera is, you do not get pixs. If you do, they are after the fact. Whether it be a person or a deer you are looking for, you'll usually get an empty shot of the area. The notifications are shotty and the customer service used to be great and now they won't even take phone calls. I cancelled my plans and bought real cameras that actually do what they're supposed to.

They are unreliable. If you have lousy signal where your camera is, you do not get pixs. If you do, they are after the fact. Whether it be a person or a deer you are looking for, you'll usually get an empty shot of the area. The notifications are shotty and the customer service used to be great and now they won't even take phone calls. I cancelled my plans and bought real cameras that actually do what they're supposed to.
I've been using them for two months now and no issues. My notifications worked great. Pics look great. Video quality is excellent. I do like the edge 2's better than the original edge cameras.

Interesting profile name

Just bought the 2 pack for $99 and bought the 3.5 w solar pack for $48 a piece. I've got $100 a camera with solar charge. Put them out this past Tuesday. So far I love the pictures. Will do the Video's soon. If the solar packs work out that will be cheap compared to batteries. Like them so much I've ordered 2 more plus the solar packs...

Just bought the 2 pack for $99 and bought the 3.5 w solar pack for $48 a piece. I've got $100 a camera with solar charge. Put them out this past Tuesday. So far I love the pictures. Will do the Video's soon. If the solar packs work out that will be cheap compared to batteries. Like them so much I've ordered 2 more plus the solar packs...
I was curious about the solar packs. I will get them next.

Anyone use them? All the reviews look pretty good and the monthly data plan is only about 10 bucks. Cheaper if you opt to go yearly.
I run 14 Moultrie Pros. The yearly plan is cheaper, but if you're not using the camera year round then the monthly plan may be a better option because you can pause your subscription.

I have a large and small solar. Both are working well. I do not have pure battery usage to compare.
The Moultrie 3.4 solar charger is no good. I've got 6 of them and they don't work very well. I haven't heard any complaints about the 10 watt panel. I had 6 of the dual solar boxes and sent them all back because they didn't work with the Moultrie Edge Pro cameras. I like the lithium battery packs. You can recharge them 1,000 times. I have one in an original Edge that I gave to my grandson that has been out since Christmas and is at 40% charge.

Wish I would have saved my money on the ones I just bought. Lord I hate these cameras. Taking pictures of ghost, app sucks, get zero notifications, pictures not very good, videos even worse, terrible on batteries even though they take 16. Got 2 still in a pack I'll return. Save your money and get good cameras. They are barely a step up from spypoints.

Wish I would have saved my money on the ones I just bought. Lord I hate these cameras. Taking pictures of ghost, app sucks, get zero notifications, pictures not very good, videos even worse, terrible on batteries even though they take 16. Got 2 still in a pack I'll return. Save your money and get good cameras. They are barely a step up from spypoints.
Doesn't sound accurate at all.

Which 2 pack do you have for return?

Yep terrible pic quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0243.webp
    IMG_0243.webp
    145.9 KB · Views: 1
Trying to upload video. If I click on it it plays for me. Let me know if it does for you all. That is from this morning. This is a regular edge camera. The edge 2's are a little better. But both have worked great for me.

Attachments

• image638643345941846960.mp4
    5.5 MB

Latest posts

Back