• Help Support TNDeer:

alabama vs. Cowboy Hats

Spurhunter

I saw a headline that the alabama baseball team was shutout and eliminated from the tournament by a school named Stetson. I thought that was a company that made cowboy hats. Is there really a school named Stetson with a baseball team that just shut out alabama and sent them home or have I been pranked??? 😅😅😅😅

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

If you want to get down to where the rubber meets the road...it's kinda silly that any of us would be fans of schools we didn't attend...and I know most of you didn't go to school at the college you are fans of (myself included). I can say...I'm closer in mileage to Tuscaloosa than most of y'all are to Knoxville 😀

People take this stuff way to seriously. I know a bunch of UT Knoxville alumni, including some that were there during the 98 championship season. I've found out non alumni fans are more boisterous fans than the alumni. That's just strange to me. But I'm just a fisherman.

If you want to get down to where the rubber meets the road...it's kinda silly that any of us would be fans of schools we didn't attend...and I know most of you didn't go to school at the college you are fans of (myself included).
I've been a sports fan (mostly baseball and football) my whole life. The school I attended didn't have sports teams so I think it's very logical that I would be a Tennessee fan since I was born and raised and have lived my whole life in Tennessee.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell me that you never had any interest in sports, but a co-worker you didn't like was a rabid Tennessee fan so you became an alabama fan just to irritate him? That does seem a little silly.

I have a Niece and a Nephew (they are Brother and Sister) at Stetson. They were both born and raised in Colorado Springs, CO (go figure). Their Basketball Team also made the NCAA Tournament this year. My Niece is a Cheerleader for them this year.

I Bleed Orange. However... I Did not attend Classes at UTK but I dated my wife when she did (Class of '82).

My daughter went to class in Knoxville for three and half years before finishing up at Vanderbilt and getting her Masters at VU in Nursing. Works for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, today as an NP in the Cardiac Care Unit.
So she has split allegiances. But she has some Orange in her blood as well.

So I guess that makes me legitimate to be a fan????

Back