• Help Support TNDeer:

Another motor question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok it would idle like a sewing machine but as soon as you tried to give it gas it would die.
Dumped the gas got new and added seafoam.
Now it accelerates fine and runs like it always has.
However now it idles like crap and will quit after a bit if you don't rev it a bit every few seconds.
Could the bad gas (probably had moisture in it) have ruined one of the spark plugs ?
I am leaning more towards that than an injector issue since it runs so good other than at idle ?
I don't even wanna try to get them out LOL
02473282697872bad4520509fb358a5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you got a lot of bad gas the water will cut the injection nozzle and cause a bad spray. Might not notice it at speed but when it slows down the fuel is not entering the chamber correct.
I do know from working on oil fired furnaces if they messed up 90% of the time with no or a bad flame was from water in the oil and would mess up the spray nozzle.

follow your filters back and see how they look. If problem is beyond your VST filter you should have your injectors and fuel rail cleaned.

You can send the injectors away to have them cleaned. The fuel rail you can do yourself.

Pilchard":cxak1w5b said:
follow your filters back and see how they look. If problem is beyond your VST filter you should have your injectors and fuel rail cleaned.

You can send the injectors away to have them cleaned. The fuel rail you can do yourself.

Your probably right. It's a shame there is no one around here that I trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you added seafoam, you may have fouled a plug. That stuff is a decarboner (if that's a word). It'll break the formed carbon up and that can foul a plug. I did it a few years ago with a merc I had.

Back