any body tried triple7 pellets and power belts

statelineRUT

Took a big fat doe last year with 100 grains of 777 and 295 grain Powerbelt. Complete pass thru and she didn't go 25 yards. I am shooting a NEF 50 caliber. Works great for me.

iowavf

I use 3 pellets of 777 and a 225 grain arrow tip power belt in my 45 cal. Encore. I have the scope dead on @ 100 yards and they only drop 4.5 inches @ 200 yards. Very accurate, no problems finding any of the deer I've shot because they don't go very far if you can hit where your aiming. Going to experiment with loose powder later this month.

darkthirty killer

I use the 100 gr. triple 7 with 180 grain powerbelt. Shot tree during the ml week in NC and none ran over 10 yards. The gun had been sitting in the safe since Nov last year and fired it to "unload" it on Sat., gun went off first primer and was still on the mark.

DROPTINE33

The one thing that i think stands out in the difference between the two is how much cleaner Trip 7 burns compared to paradox. Youll really apreciate it after a day at the fireing range when you go to clean it. I started using Paradox pellets about three years ago but decided to give Trip 7 a try this year and i love it. :)

JeepKuntry

I'm using 2 50gr of triple seven and 245 grain Powerbelt, but I'm gonna switch bullet combos before next year. Cleanest powder I ever used was Clean Shot by far.

muzzymangler

I used 777 and powerbelts last year, and now use 777 and 240gr. Nosler HD sabots. I was shooting the 245 powerbelt with the plastic tip, it shot good with 2 pellets, but we had a couple of powerbelts fall out of the barrel, and leave nothing but the green plastic base, so we quit using them. They are not suppose to come apart according to powerbelt, but all of the ones we had would come apart. They are easy to load, but that is not always good, if you notice most of the TV guys use sabots with the Encore. Of course most will shoot whatever is free to them, I just feel more secure with the sabot.

cweand

Yup used them and got a nice doe from about 65 yards, used 3 50 grain pellets and a 295 grain powerbelt in my TC Black Diamond Magnum and took home the meat.

Tnyoteboy

Used a 245 gr aerotip powerbelt and 100 grs of 777 last year on an 8 pt. Hit him from the front in the front shoulder and continued into the chest cavity. No exit and all I found was pieces. Ran about 50 yards with no blood trail until the last few yards.

BSK

I would seriously considering using 777 loose powder instead of the pellets. I hear many shooters (that shoot a lot) having problems with misfires (pellets not igniting) with pelletized powders. With loose powder, no misfires.

If you're going to use Powerbelts, use the heaviest varieties (348 or 405 grn). The 295 grn and smaller don't penetrate deer well. They tend to explode on contact.

bowhunter 51

I use loose triple 7 with R.E.A.L.'s...In my 45 cal.......
I shoot alot...Use about a pound every couple of months in
the off season...No trouble with misfires using 209's...
I like the cleaner ignition, cleaner rifleing....BH51....