• Help Support TNDeer:

Any hardcore kayak fishers here?

Not exclusively, but it's part of the rotation! Very enjoyable, and you can get in some skinny water when the crappie go shallow. I also enjoy floating and fishing the Clinch and Caney Fork.

Crappieaddict":1jn8m5cr said:
Not exclusively, but it's part of the rotation! Very enjoyable, and you can get in some skinny water when the crappie go shallow. I also enjoy floating and fishing the Clinch and Caney Fork.

Do you ever get out on big water with your kayak?

bjohnson":cw1a8qef said:
Crappieaddict":cw1a8qef said:

Do you ever get out on big water with your kayak?
Yes I do. My fear is not capsizing, but being visible. I am not going to get on the big water if I know a bass tournament is taking place, for example. Stay visible, and only go in the "running lanes" to do a quick crossing. Full disclosure, if I am going to stay primarily on the big water, I will generally be in my 17' boat.

Me and my brother do. We've had a bass boat most of our lives but a few years back we got into kayak fishing and haven't looked back. We still go out on the bass boat some but mainly the yaks. We are apart of Chattanooga Bass yakkers and fish kayak tournaments with several other groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2":izelptiz said:
Me and my brother do. We've had a bass boat most of our lives but a few years back we got into kayak fishing and haven't looked back. We still go out on the bass boat some but mainly the yaks. We are apart of Chattanooga Bass yakkers and fish kayak tournaments with several other groups

Y'all ever get out to wheeler or wilson lake?

bjohnson":36thpakl said:
Simpleman.2":36thpakl said:
Me and my brother do. We've had a bass boat most of our lives but a few years back we got into kayak fishing and haven't looked back. We still go out on the bass boat some but mainly the yaks. We are apart of Chattanooga Bass yakkers and fish kayak tournaments with several other groups

Y'all ever get out to wheeler or wilson lake?

No not really. Only lakes we really fish are Chickamauga, Parksville, Nickajack, Watts bar, and Guntersville. We fished Center Hill last year once and had a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back