• Help Support TNDeer:

Anybody catching Crappie

DRSJ35

just wondering how the bite has been.Not many posts on here like their usually is.

Going in the morning. Last Saturday morning caught 9 keepers, and probably 4 that didn't make 10". Bite has slowed on Douglas lake, finding fish anywhere from 3' to 15' some have moved up on points but still finding fish piled up suspended in deeper water just can't get the deeper fish to bite. I will say the fish that are being caught by me on Douglas on average are larger 12" to 15" than a month ago 10" to 12" I still do better trolling with jigs than marking fish and setting up with float fly/minnows. I'm finding females full of eggs. TVA really screwed it up like every year by raising the water so fast right at the peak of the spawn. Wish they'd either raise it to full in like February so fish could go spawn.

Had 10 keepers and 2 short in a couple hours Wednesday afternoon on Center Hill. Some up shallow and some still deep. All females still had eggs. This has been one crazy spring with the temperature and all the rain moving the lake up and down.

One lake I fish guys are catching them suspended in 20' of water. Another lake I fish we caught them Monday jigging spawning areas less than 4' deep. I know they spawn in waves but this year is crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back