• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone trap crayfish?

Make sure you check your traps pretty often, or your trap full of crawfish will turn into a trap full of fat snakes.

I trapped a dozen or so one time, went back early the next morning and got a real surprise when I went to get 'em out!

I trap them a lot! Best way I've found is to catch a small bluegill (or any small fish) cut it half so it's bloody/gutsy and then take a wire and wire it to the center of the trap. As in the center where it doesn't touch any side of the trap. A trap set that way forces them to enter the trap since they cannot reach any of the bait from the outside.

woodyard":15cqznf4 said:
Thanks, we need a few to try for some big trout this weekend. Will take a trap and try it while we fish.

Try throwing 6 inch Countdown Rapalas at night. I use brown trout color and have had great success on the White with them. I have caught 8 or 9 over 20" over the past few years with two at 30". Here's the biggest. 13 lbs. Caught on the Countdown about 3 miles below the Bull Shoals Dam.

Catch a bluegill or other sunfish, cut into a couple pieces. I throw tails back into the water when I'm catfishing to watch the crawdads fight over it.

Latest posts

Back