• Help Support TNDeer:

Coaching decisions?

PalsPal

I've questioned some of Heupel's decisions before, especially going for it on 4th down. But last night's going for it on 4th and 1 from your own 10 was purely idiotic. I don't care that we did make it. I bet the defensive coaches were going bonkers internally when they saw that.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I see no valid reason for Napier to have not gone for 2 at the end of the game. Unless, he really was afraid that they would win and mess up his getting fired and receiving his buyout. He has to know that his job is literally on the line.

They had the momentum with that final score, and our defense was on its heels. Our crowd was already prepared for the loss. I think his Oline would've found some extra umphh.

I saw his press conference where he said that our calling timeout caused him to change his mind. I don't understand that. Surely you have a few different plays for just that situation.

Both of those coaches need to employ a retired coach to just stand next to him and nod yes or no when critical moments occur that need to be thought out to protect them from themselves.

I've questioned some of Heupel's decisions before, especially going for it on 4th down. But last night's going for it on 4th and 1 from your own 10 was purely idiotic. I don't care that we did make it. I bet the defensive coaches were going bonkers internally when they saw that.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I see no valid reason for Napier to have not gone for 2 at the end of the game. Unless, he really was afraid that they would win and mess up his getting fired and receiving his buyout. He has to know that his job is literally on the line.

They had the momentum with that final score, and our defense was on its heels. Our crowd was already prepared for the loss. I think his Oline would've found some extra umphh.

I saw his press conference where he said that our calling timeout caused him to change his mind. I don't understand that. Surely you have a few different plays for just that situation.

Both of those coaches need to employ a retired coach to just stand next to him and nod yes or no when critical moments occur that need to be thought out to protect them from themselves.
he knew they wouldn't expect it 👍 🙏

I was shocked when Heupel went for it on 4th and 1 on his own 10. That took massive balls and everybody loved it when they made it but had they not we'd have wanted his head on a platter. I too thought Florida should've gone for 2 on that last touchdown. That was on the end zone where our seats are and things got quiet. Luckily he changed his mind or never really intended to do it and opted for the kick. Only he knows.

I was shocked when Heupel went for it on 4th and 1 on his own 10. That took massive balls and everybody loved it when they made it but had they not we'd have wanted his head on a platter. I too thought Florida should've gone for 2 on that last touchdown. That was on the end zone where our seats are and things got quiet. Luckily he changed his mind or never really intended to do it and opted for the kick. Only he knows.
I honestly think he never intended to go for 2 . I think he did it knowing they would burn a timeout so they wouldnt have as many options with only a few seconds on the clock.

Going for it screamed desperation and showed his lack of confidence in his offense.

UF did the same thing several times two years ago and it eventually cost them the game.

Talking about coaching decisions. KY had the ball on the one foot line on 2nd down and lines up in shotgun. Ultimately they had a false start call and failed to convert on 2nd and 3rd down, then screwed up on the field goal attempt!!!! Why not line up and punch it in with the 6'4 240lb QB???? STUPID call!!!

Talking about coaching decisions. KY had the ball on the one foot line on 2nd down and lines up in shotgun. Ultimately they had a false start call and failed to convert on 2nd and 3rd down, then screwed up on the field goal attempt!!!! Why not line up and punch it in with the 6'4 240lb QB???? STUPID call!!!
I've never understood when you have mere inches for the first down why they go shotgun. Climb under center, tap his butt and go. Even with the defense knowing what you're doing shouldn't be able to stop you.

Latest posts

Back