• Help Support TNDeer:

New Record ?

Fantastic elk.

I don't like it when people stay so far back when taking pictures of deer, elk, fish, etc. Those antlers are huge but the forced perspective photo makes them look out-of-this-world.

Last edited:
I don't like it when people stay so far back when taking pictures of deer, elk, fish, etc. Those antlers are huge but the forced perspective photo makes them look out-of-this-world.
I hear you. I've been guilty of it with fish myself. But he's holding onto the antlers. I think in this case, it's just that big. I'm looking for more pics

Huge, those points that sweep back are pretty long and I don't think he is stretching much, I like a 1/4ing to me view for some better perspective., the neck roasts on that dude would probably be very tough to chew 🤣 , I'd like to have that problem lol.

I bet that reservation has produced a dozen 400" bulls in the last 15-20 years, it's unbelievable what reservations in AZ and NM can produce when managed with a goal like that in mind.
Managing for that ain't cheap either. Last I heard those hunts are knocking on $50k (mule deer and elk) Guess if you want a good chance at a free range world class elk you're forking over some serious coin.

I bet that reservation has produced a dozen 400" bulls in the last 15-20 years, it's unbelievable what reservations in AZ and NM can produce when managed with a goal like that in mind.
Managing for that ain't cheap either. Last I heard those hunts are knocking on $50k (mule deer and elk) Guess if you want a good chance at a free range world class elk you're forking over some serious coin.
Beautiful animal.

But you are off on price.

On that reservation, elk hunts are $25k. But that's for really nice 350 to 375 class animals

This elk was a 'scholarship' elk, and because they are so limited/ few, they go out to the highest bidder auction style. Min bid is 30k, but I suspect this elk was bid out at closer to 75k.

And that does not include mandatory guide fees.

Beautiful animal.

But you are off on price.

On that reservation, elk hunts are $25k. But that's for really nice 350 to 375 class animals

This elk was a 'scholarship' elk, and because they are so limited/ few, they go out to the highest bidder auction style. Min bid is 30k, but I suspect this elk was bid out at closer to 75k.

And that does not include mandatory guide fees.
Pocket change!! I'll be signing up for next year! Why learn from some tndeer folks when I can buy this quality on my nursing salary! (Hope you know I'm messing with ya Meg).

Latest posts

Back