• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols

Two things can and are true about that game.

1. Team stunk and coaching stunk.
2. We won and we should be thankful for that.

Those two things said there is a lot of talent on that Vols roster. Because of BVS I don't expect them to actually put it all together and perform at their peak when it counts, but if they do this is easily a top 5 team with this defense. I think it's pretty clear it has to start with the O-line. They have to be better. Then everyone else on O has to be better as well.

Two things can and are true about that game.

1. Team stunk and coaching stunk.
2. We won and we should be thankful for that.

Those two things said there is a lot of talent on that Vols roster. Because of BVS I don't expect them to actually put it all together and perform at their peak when it counts, but if they do this is easily a top 5 team with this defense. I think it's pretty clear it has to start with the O-line. They have to be better. Then everyone else on O has to be better as well.
O line is our achilles heel. There has been a marked downturn in Nico's decision making since the 2nd quarter of the OK game. He caught some unexpected pressure and has looked scared since. Left tackle specifically seems to the the most glaring weakness. Until that is patched, we can't expect Nico to improve. Man gotta have faith he isn't going to get blindsided.

That said, this goes with the territory of being a SEC QB. You ARE going to take those hits from time to time and Nico has to learn to push that aside and make his reads.

Now if yall can just get me on the phone with Bobby Hill I'll get all this sorted before this weekend. 🤣

I suspect with his age and injury history that Pili doesn't have a future in the NFL. It is very obvious that Heupel thinks a lot of him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start a coaching career with the Vols.

I agree.

He also tore his ACL.

He transferred in from Bringham Young. He was just what we needed from a middle linebacker.

He's also married. I suspect that he will move on with his life, and that may very well be in coaching.

I know that Heupel loves him.

One thing that will be a concern going forward is who will wear the ear piece on defense, since he did that. Heupel said that they are still trying to determine who would be best to do that.

I know one thing, whoever it is, I would keep the talk to a minimum and just let them play by signals like they used to do. You don't want someone having to think too much.

Latest posts

Back