• Help Support TNDeer:

AR help

I keep getting notifications for one sale uppers and lowers that say complete .. since they are just parts of a gun can they be shipped right to my house?
Only the lower receiver itself needs to be shipped to an FFL since it is the serialized component. Anything else can be shipped to you directly.

Hmmm. We have:
1. Purchased Complete AR rifles
2. Purchased uppers and lowers all supposedly complete.
3. Built from scratch.

After building from scratch we took #1 & #2 apart, nosey we are. Both had alignment issues with the gas tube to barrel. Both has cheapo firing pins. Be very careful with the lower.

I wanted to mix parts.....seriously...I wanted to see.
One of them would not go back together...as noted above all AR's are not alike.

Oh. None had a correct selector switch

After building from scratch we took #1 & #2 apart, nosey we are. Both had alignment issues with the gas tube to barrel. Both has cheapo firing pins. Be very careful with the lower.

I wanted to mix parts.....seriously...I wanted to see.
One of them would not go back together...as noted above all AR's are not alike.

Oh. None had a correct selector switch
That is interesting. Not doubting you at all, but I have built a few over the years, and I can pin lowers I have built onto the rock river varmint or dpms factory uppers that I bought as complete rifles, or vice versa and they fit and run just fine. Matter of fact, I could pin any of the lowers I built to the 6 arc upper I built or the upper I built around a dpms 16 inch barrel that has become dedicated to a cmmg 22 lr bcg conversion setup.

Now I will say that the dpms carbine I have was a real pita to unpin and repin when I first bought it new, I had to do a little work on it just to get it where it was not so tight that you could not get the pins loose or back in without tapping them with a hammer and punch. That was a walmart buy right after sandy hook, when they got rid of all their "assault weapons" iirc. I called dpms on that and they said that was their normal.

If the gas tube is not aligned correctly and the bolt carrier is not lining up, you can adjust the tube, that should not cause any fitment or functionality issues pinning on a different lower. Bcg's while not all are created equal, should all fit universally.

Yep, We learned how to do those things, The AR we purchased is a S&W M&P. It had t go back to the factory as the Bolt was ripping the brass base and leaving the round in the chamber. Then it tried to chamber the next round. If it actually ejected the brass it would leave brass 1/4 moon pieces in the chamber and then the bolt would lock close. Still had to adjust the tube to get it correct. Same for a no name "complete" upper-sloppy manufacture/assembly.

If I could offer and advice. And its probably too late. Sounds like your trying to save a $ or Two. It can be done. But you may be in for a rude awakening. Its probably not IF but WHEN you run into problems with a mismatch with Mil Spec Upper To lower/upper Fit that you have a problem then the Upper Manufacture starts blaming the Lower Manufacture and the Lower Manufacture starts blaming the Upper Manufacturer. You spend Valuable range time, Valuable Ammo, Valuable assistance from experts in the field and maybe get it fixed or you shuffle it off to the next sucker. Best to either buy a complete build with some sort of warranty OR buy a complete upper and a complete lower from the Same Manufacture so you have something to fall back on IF or WHEN you run into problems. AR are probably one of the MOST finicky platforms on the market. Right next to Colt 1911 Platforms.

Latest posts

Back