• Help Support TNDeer:

Armadillos question

I've made hundreds of traps for those things and had great success in fact I've got 3 ready to go now and in the process of building 12 more pm me if interested. btw I've shot lots of them also .22mag is my weapon of choice located in Waverly Tn

I've seen a few on I40 in Cumberland county. There's a lot more just west of here in Putnam county.
I can't believe they're here, don't really understand why.

I've seen a few on I40 in Cumberland county. There's a lot more just west of here in Putnam county.
I can't believe they're here, don't really understand why.
I nearly got ran over by 3 while spraying round up early one morning a few months ago. This was back behind the airport in Crossville.

I've made hundreds of traps for those things and had great success in fact I've got 3 ready to go now and in the process of building 12 more pm me if interested. btw I've shot lots of them also .22mag is my weapon of choice located in Waverly Tn
I made this one last week and will give it a try.
IMG_1707.webp
IMG_1720.webp
IMG_1719.webp

These things are so destructive. Anyone ever shoot them? If so, what caliber rifle is sufficient to penetrate their armored plates? .22 LR or larger? And shot placement? Behind the shoulder (unless you can get a head shot)? They are tearing up my yard and it's illegal in TN to trap and relocate.
I unloaded an entire mag of 9mm from my stand and SOB didn't even flinch...distance was about 20'. Saw where the bullet impacted (looked like a red mark bruise) but no hole, no blood. I was going to unload the .300 but was hunting at the time...

Latest posts

Back