• Help Support TNDeer:

At least

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I did catch a fish lol
Not the target species but it was a tug on the line anyway.
7D0471C0-D5CA-4F0F-B17C-034EF2969D47.jpeg

Fun to catch, especially when you get into some 20+ inch ones. But one of my least favorite fish to eat. No matter how I've had it...it's the equivalent to eating tuna straight from the pack or can. In fact that's one of the few ways I can eat trout and like it..grill it with skin on, then rake the meat off the bones, put it in a bowl with mayo and a little chopped onion and mix it together just like a tuna salad. Eat it on crackers and your choice of hot sauce for a little kick.

You should try them on the bank of the White River with some freezer slaw !
Woooweeeee!!!!
lol, id prolly eat the freezer slaw and give the trout to you and woodard.

some dude i worked with told me if i ever get a chance to eat trout, try it, its so light and delicate. so we were in gatlinburg years ago and ate at the brass ring or whatever, the fancy restaurant right before the park entrance. 2 whole grilled rainbows, 18 bucks, not bad i guess. took a couple of bites and thought why did i order this. tasted like my step mom's jack mackeral patties and smelled like a gal i knew from high school.

some dude i worked with told me if i ever get a chance to eat trout, try it, its so light and delicate. so we were in gatlinburg years ago and ate at the brass ring or whatever, the fancy restaurant right before the park entrance. 2 whole grilled rainbows, 18 bucks, not bad i guess. took a couple of bites and thought why did i order this. tasted like my step mom's jack mackeral patties and smelled like a gal i knew from high school.
I literally laughed out loud at this.... Its a shame the don't make Jack Mackerel anymore. I used to use it as chum to catch pilchards and pinfish in Florida.

Edited to add... I just looked and apparently it is still canned. I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough when the bait shops and grocery stores stopped carrying it in Florida.

Everyone knew that girl! She attended every high school in America!

Latest posts

Back