• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Atv mounted seed spreader ?

I purchased one from tractor supply last year. Believe it's 100 Lb capacity. Mounted it to the front of my atv, works great. Fairly strong motor and it casts seeds good. I have planted small and large seeds with it.

I had one years ago and it was a disaster. But im sure there are good ones out there. I use a pto driven one on my small tractor or an earthquake hand seeder. Tractor spreader works better for bigger plots

Attachments

• IMG_1843.webp
    IMG_1843.webp
    278.9 KB · Views: 1
I had one years ago and it was a disaster. But im sure there are good ones out there. I use a pto driven one on my small tractor or an earthquake hand seeder. Tractor spreader works better for bigger plots
Got two of them for my tractors but don't care for them spreading seed. Fertilizer & pelletized lime okay, but anything smaller not accurate enough for me.

I have one for the tractor and considering buying the wheel mounted unit for atv or kei truck to pull

Herd is a great spreader & I used one for about 15 years before it fell apart last year. During that time I replaced one motor. But to replace it with same was around $1200, and I can buy 4 of the Spin Tech ones for that. The automatic gate shut off feature is absolute bomb.

Herd is a great spreader & I used one for about 15 years before it fell apart last year. During that time I replaced one motor. But to replace it with same was around $1200, and I can buy 4 of the Spin Tech ones for that. The automatic gate shut off feature is absolute bomb.
Agree completely. My next will probably be the Spin Tech. I've loved my two Herd spreaders over the years, but I'm not a fan of their newer models.

I'm actually about to buy one. Going to broadcast rye into the bushhogged native browse areas for additional forage. Dunno if it will work, but another experiment I'm gonna try!
Good luck. Hope you get the rain you folks need. We've been in a drought since early 2000. Sucks.

Got two of them for my tractors but don't care for them spreading seed. Fertilizer & pelletized lime okay, but anything smaller not accurate enough for me.
I plant cheap seed- bulk wheat, feed wheat and cereal rye. I just add about 25 percent more. You do lose a little more seed with the pto seeder but worth the time savings. If im olanting brassicas with the wheat or rye, i dump it on top and generally get a fairly even distribution.

Latest posts

Back