• Help Support TNDeer:

Backpack for western camping backcountry bear hunt.

squirrel_hunter

I am going on a spring bear hunt next spring. In Idaho or Montana hopefully. This will be my first backpack hunting. I need it to hold up to the rugged hunting. And meat pack out. I am tall 6'8 295 pd. What do I need to order belt wize? This is all new to me. This only time I will use the backpack.

Last edited:
Make sure you don't go too cheap in this area. You can get something good quality used, but going with an Amazon bargain basement pack will hinder you.

Someone just sold an Exo in classifieds that was a good deal.

How many nights are you going to be sleeping out of your pack?

Any of the major backpack companies will have someone in customer service who can walk you through "fitting a backpack" over the phone. But, if this was just a one time deal, I'd either borrow someone's, or rent a backpack for the trip.

I'm not affiliated with this company and haven't used them. But, renting is an option.

Exo, stone glacier, kifaru. There really isn't anything else unless the budget is the deciding factor. Where are you? I'm east central Tennessee you can try mine on. We have a couple. Won't be home till mid November though and the packs are with me. You really need to try some on.

Latest posts

Back