• Help Support TNDeer:

Baitcaster tip of the day...

FLTENNHUNTER1

If you are casting on a windy day, and your plastic based line (mono, fluoro, hybrid, etc.) becomes loose on the spool but not a backlash, long casting with the wind to attempt to spool enough line to get to the tighter line on the spool is not always a good idea. Twice I have melted the line and launched lures into never never land.

Carry on and keep casting!

P.S. - on a positive note, I was casting a 3/4 ounce red eye shad lipless crankbait yesterday with the wind and swear was making 75+ yard casts...life is good!

If you are casting on a windy day, and your plastic based line (mono, fluoro, hybrid, etc.) becomes loose on the spool but not a backlash, long casting with the wind to attempt to spool enough line to get to the tighter line on the spool is not always a good idea. Twice I have melted the line and launched lures into never never land.

Carry on and keep casting!

P.S. - on a positive note, I was casting a 3/4 ounce red eye shad lipless crankbait yesterday with the wind and swear was making 75+ yard casts...life is good!
And.... where are the fish pics?

Sounds about like something I'd do.

The Khaki colored Bandit crankbait is a legend around here. People will pay good money for them, but they don't make them anymore. They made a limited run of them last year, and very few people knew about it. I bought several, and was tickled to try the thing out.

I cleaned some reels this weekend, and respooled a few. Well, I forgot to tighten the cast control knob or adjust the brakes. Long story short, that legendary Khaki colored crankbait went flying into a tree on the first cast and anybody with some 20ft loppers can go get it. :D

Sounds about like something I'd do.

The Khaki colored Bandit crankbait is a legend around here. People will pay good money for them, but they don't make them anymore. They made a limited run of them last year, and very few people knew about it. I bought several, and was tickled to try the thing out.

I cleaned some reels this weekend, and respooled a few. Well, I forgot to tighten the cast control knob or adjust the brakes. Long story short, that legendary Khaki colored crankbait went flying into a tree on the first cast and anybody with some 20ft loppers can go get it. :D

Every time I have my reels cleaned this happens. I don't care how many time I remind myself to check drag, brakes and spool tensioner I always fail miserably lol.

Back