• Help Support TNDeer:

BASS Classic in Knoxville, Again

rsimms

One of the largest, most well-known bass tournaments in history is returning to Tennessee!

The article wasn't quite spot on as it lead me to believe Knoxville hosted the last event on Cherokee. It wasn't Cherokee, it was the 2019 Classic that was held on the TN River and mainly consisted of Loudon/Tellico but I believe they allowed them to lock through to Watts Bar also then. The Elite series was on Loudon/Tellico last year in 2021. I know I went to the 2019 Expo one of the days and it was a friggin' madhouse.......people climbing over people to go stand on other people. I was amazed the fire marshall didn't shut it down. Way too crowded for me. I went to the one in Charlotte 18-20 years ago and it was nothing like the one in Knoxville as far as crowds.

Last edited:
The article wasn't quite spot on as it lead me to believe Knoxville hosted the last event on Cherokee. It wasn't Cherokee, it was the 2019 Classic that was held on the TN River and mainly consisted of Loudon/Tellico but I believe they allowed them to lock through to Watts Bar also then. The Elite series was on Loudon/Tellico last year in 2021. I know I went to the 2019 Expo one of the days and it was a friggin' madhouse.......people climbing over people to go stand on other people. I was amazed the fire marshall didn't shut it down. Way too crowded for me. I went to the one in Charlotte 18-20 years ago and it was nothing like the one in Knoxville as far as crowds.
Well it is about the money isn't it, or the format would be different.

They actually choose where to go based on attracting HUGE CROWDS. That's the whole point for them. So yea, if you don't like crowds avoid any BASS Classic like the plague. ;)

They actually choose where to go based on attracting HUGE CROWDS. That's the whole point for them. So yea, if you don't like crowds avoid any BASS Classic like the plague. ;)
They absolutely do. I just couldn't believe they didn't shut the Expo admittance down at a certain point due to overcrowding. I have never been to any arena for anything (concert, ballgame, show) that it was that crammed into.....people were being shoved like a crowd rushing a concert stage. You could have went to the weigh-ins at Thompson-Boling and stretched out and take up 3 seats for a nap. Plenty of room there for that, but not in the Expo buildings. It's off my bucket list myself.

They absolutely do. I just couldn't believe they didn't shut the Expo admittance down at a certain point due to overcrowding. I have never been to any arena for anything (concert, ballgame, show) that it was that crammed into.....people were being shoved like a crowd rushing a concert stage. You could have went to the weigh-ins at Thompson-Boling and stretched out and take up 3 seats for a nap. Plenty of room there for that, but not in the Expo buildings. It's off my bucket list myself.
you must be pretty young. never been to a concert with "festival seating" like they had in the seventies. Nut to butt.

55 years young......been to many of them over the year. Don't like the floor crowds of today with people that are getting trampled to death rushing the stage and the mosh pits. In my day of festival seating people were too stoned to want to get into shoving matches. :D

The one in Knoxville was the first classc I went to. Personally, I could care less about the tournament, not getting autographs, tournaments are not my thing and for sure don't care about watching anyone fish. I do get to hang out in the "boat yard" where the pros bring the boats if they have issues, my brother has been the Yamaha service tech as a part of the Elite series service crew for about 15 years. That is kind of neat.

The expo was awesome. I spent 2 full days at the expo, it was crowded, but not bad, I got a ton of free stuff and bought a good bit of fishing gear at great prices. No where close to a 'friggin' madhouse". Actually very enjoyable and just a ton of things to see and talk to manufacturers about.

I have went the last 2 years and really enjoyed it. I plan to go to South Carolina this year.

One of the largest, most well-known bass tournaments in history is returning to Tennessee!

Do they have an amateur class for this or is it all pros only? thanks

Back