• Help Support TNDeer:

bassmaster classic live

You have to be good to get there but he's got to be the luckiest guy in fishing. He may have won them anyways but to win them the way he did is unbelievable. Broken down last year on the final day and being stuck in one area and sacking 25+ to win... and this year having a guy with a big lead and lots of guys swinging for the fence and missing while the leader crashes and burns? I don't want it to sound like I'm taking anything away from him and it's probably not a popular opinion but man... how lucky can you get? I think he was 15th last year and 7-8 pounds back to start the 3rd day this year.

I would bet it won't be his last either. He's (and his brother) a heck of a stick. I bet he cuts a check in around 80-85% of the tourneys. Still got to feel bad for Christie.

"I'd rather be lucky than good." lol

and lady luck has definitely been on his side.
Gman tho :rotf: , he's hilarious. id love to spend 8 hours on a boat with him. have you seen him skipping docks on youtube? its amazing

GMan is good at skipping docks but every one of them can do it with ease. They put baits were the average guy can only dream of putting one.

If you want to see someone who can do it all, watch Ott DeFoe.

SilverFox":kto49wk5 said:
and this year having a guy with a big lead and lots of guys swinging for the fence and missing while the leader crashes and burns? .

I didn't see it, what do you mean by the above?

the leader going in to sunday had a 6-7 pound lead, and crapped the bed. of course the guys in say the top ten figured they needed 17-20lb bag to win

Christie had a 5 pound lead on 2nd place going into the final day. 5 pounds is a hard margin to make up on Hartwell. Lots of guys quit doing their normal thing and went looking for the big fish bite to try and make up the difference. Christie had his bite go away and only caught 8 pounds on the final day where he had 20 the first and about 17 on the second.

Christie is one of the best shallow water fishermen on the planet and with the fish trying to pull up and spawn they thought it would be right up his alley... in other words they had to really catch them to even have a chance. The classic doesn't give away points and nobody remembers who finished second so you might as well try and hit a home run.

Very interesting.

I watched a MLF I had dvr'd this weekend and the guy only needed basically one more fish before the first period ended, needed less than 2 pounds to meet the 22 pound cut weight.
Not only did he not get it before the first period ended, he never did get it and was eliminated. :shock:

No way could I make a living fishing. LOL

RUGER":xd6ka6i7 said:
Oh and imho, as for Jordan, speaks volumes that he never gave up.
A fishing buddy of mine bought Jordan's legend that he broke down in last year when he won the classic. (New motor). He drove to Jordan's house to get the boat. Said Jordan gave him enough rods and tackle to fill the boat he finally made him stop giving him stuff cuz he didn't have room lol. Said he is a stand up guy. I'm happy for him. He didn't win the bass master classic twice in a row by accident or luck. If you look at it that way every single Fishing tournament was won by luck. Everyone else in every single tournament that didn't win had a bad day. He simply out fished the others. Congratulations to him.

Latest posts

Back