• Help Support TNDeer:

Been a Pretty Good Week on Priest

Tennessee280

Of catching crappie that is.. Me n my buddy have put about 200 in the freezer since last sat fishing an hr or two each day we can make it..

Last sat and sunday they were mainly 8-14 ft deep and have been moving up all week.. The last 2 days the males have started to come up on the rocks and get the beds ready and we've been catching more of them than females and boy are they putting up a fight! Catching em anywhere from surface to bottom in no deeper than 4 ft.. I strictly use jigs right now and have just moved from 1/16th to 1/32 and that made a good difference in quantity and quality with the slower presentation.. The water is around 56-58 right now so hopefully this coming week will be even better!

Good luck and be careful out there fellas!

are you fishing the jig under a bobber?, Or, are you just casting and retrieving? Thx, I'm new to crappie fishing, but my girls want to go catch some.

I just cast and slowly reel it in with no float.. But with the girls the bobber should help them not get stuck as much and I would still cast and retrieve, that way you cover more area than just throwing it out there and waiting for one to swim by that exact spot.. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back