• Help Support TNDeer:

Big bass. Now is the time

TRIGGER

The big bass are coming out of hiding. I have personally had three over 7 lbs in the past few weeks and one over 6. Everyone I know on the water has been pulling lunkers in. Buddy of mine pulled in a 12lb 11oz two weeks ago making it the third over 10 lbs in the past month for him. This is the first year I have ever fished through the fall and winter but I'm sure not disappointed. Was lucky enough to have my son with me today for this 7.74 lber.

I saw these kayak fishermen today while I was going squirrel hunting and then this evening one of them posted on the FB page for that lake a pic of a 9 lber he caught today. So I guess I need to start going after em sooner than I thought. I was gonna wait till march but maybe not now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529":1k57pvmj said:
I saw these kayak fishermen today while I was going squirrel hunting and then this evening one of them posted on the FB page for that lake a pic of a 9 lber he caught today. So I guess I need to start going after em sooner than I thought. I was gonna wait till march but maybe not now

They are so fat they look full of eggs. Eating any meal that's available. Painfully slow retrieve in most cases has done the trick for me.

TRIGGER":2wttrqna said:
catman529":2wttrqna said:

They are so fat they look full of eggs. Eating any meal that's available. Painfully slow retrieve in most cases has done the trick for me.
yea the females look like footballs sometimes. I didn't know they were already fattening up but I guess I should give it a shot

Good to see drum and catfish biting. I'd like to finally live up to my screen name and catch a big jumbo catfish.

Latest posts

Back