• Help Support TNDeer:

Big bass. Now is the time

catman529":3aali94l said:
Good to see drum and catfish biting. I'd like to finally live up to my screen name and catch a big jumbo catfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the biggest fish on I have ever hooked into today. I was throwing a jig on 20 lb fluorocarbon on a 7'9" mag heavy rod with my drag cranked down tight and couldn't do anything with it. I would get it up 3-4' and it would just run back to the bottom stripping drag. He finally got wrapped around something on the bottom and broke me off. Had to be a giant catfish I'm guessing.

TRIGGER":39bo3rb0 said:
catman529":39bo3rb0 said:
Good to see drum and catfish biting. I'd like to finally live up to my screen name and catch a big jumbo catfish.

I had the biggest fish on I have ever hooked into today. I was throwing a jig on 20 lb fluorocarbon on a 7'9" mag heavy rod with my drag cranked down tight and couldn't do anything with it. I would get it up 3-4' and it would just run back to the bottom stripping drag. He finally got wrapped around something on the bottom and broke me off. Had to be a giant catfish I'm guessing.
yeah probably a big ole catfish. Reminds me when I lost a 30+ pound common carp on 6 lb test after a 1 hour battle. I actually saw that fish once but it went back down and got hung on something on the bottom.

It seems like everytime I log onto Facebook these days, I see someone posting a Chickamauga giant (10-pounds-plus). Of course Scenic City Fishing has a dedicated Chickamauga largemouth bass guide, Capt. Ben Hayes. :D

His son, Brent, caught this one recently (11.1)

https://www.sceniccityfishing.com/largemouth.html

Attachments

• brent.jpg
    brent.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,358
rsimms":3aso1e1i said:
It seems like everytime I log onto Facebook these days, I see someone posting a Chickamauga giant (10-pounds-plus). Of course Scenic City Fishing has a dedicated Chickamauga largemouth bass guide, Capt. Ben Hayes. :D

His son, Brent, caught this one recently (11.1)

https://www.sceniccityfishing.com/largemouth.html

Good to know. Wow that's a heck of a fish

These Bassmaster elites need a lesson in catching big bass this time of year. Catching some nice catches of smallmouth but big largemouths eluding them.

shopson":2ajovs1o said:
These Bassmaster elites need a lesson in catching big bass this time of year. Catching some nice catches of smallmouth but big largemouths eluding them.

I can't buy a smallmouth. My buddies catch them frequently even in the boat with me throwing the same lure but not me. I bet I have caught 3 maybe 4 total.

double browtine":1j6nz19c said:
It's time for you to sign up for a couple local tournaments. Looks like you got it figured out. That's some nice bass, congrats!

Was fishing a tournament yesterday. Got third overall and won big fish for the tournament. Got two checks. :party:

TRIGGER":dgintisc said:
double browtine":dgintisc said:
It's time for you to sign up for a couple local tournaments. Looks like you got it figured out. That's some nice bass, congrats!

Was fishing a tournament yesterday. Got third overall and won big fish for the tournament. Got two checks. :party:

Haven't been on here much in the last couple weeks. Just now seeing your post. Congrats man! That 9.8 is awesome. You must be fishing South.

double browtine":37ku8eyj said:
TRIGGER":37ku8eyj said:
double browtine":37ku8eyj said:

Haven't been on here much in the last couple weeks. Just now seeing your post. Congrats man! That 9.8 is awesome. You must be fishing South.

Thank you sir. White oak is as far south as I have been this year. The 9.8 came out of Cane creek

Latest posts

Back