• Help Support TNDeer:

Blackhorn 209 powder

Mr. Hawk

Anyone have an extra jug they are will to part with or know of where I can find some. I have a Colorado Elk tag next month and need some and haven't been able to find it locally. I drive between Cookeville and Franklin pretty regularly so somewhere in that vicinity if anyone has any leads.

Hodgdon has it on there website. Price is crazy 92.00 plus tax, shipping and hazmat. Bass pro's have it. Last time I was in Memphis at sportsman's warehouse
They had it in stock. Arkansas went to straight wall cartridge in ML season. I bought 4 10 oz cans of blackhorn for 80.00.

I have to buy a jug every other season.

When it gets over $100 I might cry uncle.

Or go back to something else and deal with all the hassle.

Till then.
Stay off my lawn

Was told the weight is going down again and the price going up. Also that the scarcity is due to unkle sam using it for some type of weapon. Zero idea if any of that is true but was told by a guy.

I.paid $80 )
Last season because I was getting low and did not want to run out. Have not broke into that. Almost choked. I'll probably use up what I had getting everything ready for the season and FAFO .

Buddy said he is flying to NY for a hunt this season and he can take it but has to be new can still sealed, reckon somebody will benefit when he heads home.

When it first increased, I did the math and calculated how many shots one container would yield.

I haven't got time RN but someone should re-do that if they have a chance, and then figure out how much it is per shot now, compared to before.

When it first increased, I did the math and calculated how many shots one container would yield.

I haven't got time RN but someone should re-do that if they have a chance, and then figure out how much it is per shot now, compared to before.
7,000 grains to a pound so 8 ounces is half that or 3,500 grains. 100 grains by volume of Blackhorn weighs 70 grains. 3,500 divided by 70 equals 50 shots per jug. I think several retailers are getting Blackhorn in now. Hodgdon was supposed to start shipping in August. Natchez, midsouth and Powder Valley had it and one was offering free haz mat with 99$ order but can't remember which. Shop around!

Last edited:
Back